Friday, July 16, 2010

KIM ARRRIVES


I try to stay awake to listen for Kim coming in after one o'clock and in my dreams I wake up to give her a hug. She looks amazing in the morning after her long journey and the kitchen fills up with our noisy boisterous family. This is when I wish our house was a bit bigger but it is just the right size for dad and I.

I go outside and come in with a strange bug on my back so we hunt around for the magnifying glass to look at it more closely. This starts Morgan on a bug hunt through the yard with the magnifying glass to help her on her very serious discovery.
Bees discourage her but she found lots of busy ants.

Dad and Ben go off to play lacrosse but our stumped when they come to a locked gate; until they discover an open door right beside it. We enjoy all the young people so much they bring so much life and laughter with them. As they head off to play tennis dad and I read and have naps.

FAMILY RESEMBLANCE
I see lots of family resemblance as we gather to-gether at Boston Pizza and their is even glutin-free pizza for us celiac's. Kim leaves to drive home with Mikie and Theresa, Ben and Morgan.

I was thinking about the family resemblance that we as Christians should see in each other. It is the acts of kindness, the cup of cold water, the blessing at our meals, an open door and an open mind that welcomes the lost stranger as well as family and friends.

There are things in our lives that people will remember about us and hopefully it is mostly the good or the funny things. We laugh at teen-age pranks that I remember their mother's and fathers doing. I started a journal at that time but those pages are all gone. It would have been interesting to read them again. If I remember rightly there were a lot of prayers for wisdom and strength.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey grandma, its been a few days since ive rfead your blog, but the one about fairness sure struck me prettyb hard in a somewhat surprising kind of way.-leah

Anonymous said...

Leah bless your heart! I am so glad you wrote. I admire your courage and inner strength.
Love gramma