Saturday, December 4, 2010

ALL IS CALM

                                                          The Word Became Flesh.

Yes, this is my very old Bible that has been well used.

It is good to have a day that is quiet and calm.  I woke up this morning feeling a sense of deep inner peace.  I have been reading about the angel that came to Mary to tell her she had been chosen.  I would like to think that an angel had visited me in the night and the words would have been the same for me. 

Luke 1:28   The angel went to her, and said, Greetings, you who are highly favored.
 The Lord is with you.  Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God."

Some people have experienced angels as real people who have appeared quickly to give them aid and then disappeared just as quickly.  Spiritually I have moments when I feel an awe and wonder at the unconditional love that is Divine love.  It is important that I take time to kneel at the feet of Jesus and put aside all the demands of daily life.

To worship is to enter a new space, a place of calm and reassurance the heart of the soul.

"Tradition teaches that the Soul lies midway between understanding and unconsciousness, and that its instrument is neither the mind nor the body, but the imagination."   -Thomas Moore "Care of the Soul"

Imagination like dreams are so important in spirituality

3 comments:

Pinetreeannie said...

ANGELS! I do believe in angels Beth. The church I grew up in was St Stephens church in Winnipeg. Our minister was Rev Ison.....an Englishman who was a soldier in the first world war. His battalion was seriously outnumbered in a battle in Belgium, 1000 british to 10,000 germans. Suddenly an army of angels came out of the sky and saved them.
The battle was called the Battle of Mons and almost all the soldiers became instantly converted to the church and became ministers when they were back home in England. He related this story to us when we were studying with him for our confirmation in the church. Amazing story. You can look up the battle of Mons on the INTERNET where there are stories about it. Nice story about Mary and the angel Beth. She was chosen by God. Another amazing story!

Anonymous said...

It is amazing all the stories that have changed people's lives and touch our hearts with inspiration.

Thank you Pinetreeannie.

Yes, I believe in angels!

beth bennett said...

We looked it up and I would think anyone who survived that awful battle would believe in miracles.