Monday, December 27, 2010

SIMPLICITY

The simple things in life are what really matter.

Faith is so simple living out of love and being true to yourself and your beliefs.
Like the hymn "O Holy NIght" decalares the soul finds it'sworth!  What a gift!

For me to believe in the supernatural has always been easy.  It is like when i \Iwrite in my blog I sometimes sense some one is reading it even as I write.  It is like waking up from a dream that is strangely real.  It is like reading poetry which I am not sure I understand and yet I feel drawn into it.  I feel the same way when I read the Bible; no I do not understand but I can experience the love especially in the New Testament.  Our minister said yesterday Christianity has changed the world; which can be easily seen as we compare our values to some of the religions built on the Old Testament.

I love Christmas when it is simple but if it gets too complicated I get tired and stressed.  I think that we will continue to give to the food bank instead of given to one another, although there will be exceptions.

I have loved everything I have experienced in my Christian walk of faith.  There have been times of great joy as well as times when I have felt confused and that I was standing outside of the direction others where headed.

There really was a Star of Bethlehem which was made up of a group of stars.  The sky was very much apart of the lives of people who learned to live by its signs.  And yet it was a group of wise men that realized that this special star was proclaiming the birth of a King.  Who would have guessed that  this King would wear a crown of thorns.

Love was what I experienced as I read about the birth and life of Jesus.  Somehow I felt over the years of learning at his feet that he could understand me.  In reading what others thought and believed I have had to wrestle with manipulation and different interpretations.  I have  had to balance emotions with logic without losing the sense of the Presence.

Jesus may seem like a simple man from a small place but the simplicity tricks us and we may miss the complexity and paradoxes in his message and life style.

Today the Christmas decorations are still up and the temptation of too many sweet or salty food are all around.  Life will be simpler when this are all gone and put away for another year.

           Hebrews 12:14:        Make every effort to live in peace
                                                with all men and be holy!

Today our first daughter, Sandra, returns from Edmonton; and Carol and Panteli return on Dec.31.  Oliver has dropped his mom's car here that he was using while she was in the Grand Cayman.  Mike, Kim's Mike, will return Pantali's car to-morrow or the next day.

We were given simple instructions on how to find John's restaurant but we could not find it.  I know myself I get an idea of where something is then I stop listening.  Dad thought for sure he could find it.  We will try again.

2 comments:

Pinetreeannie said...

Good message Beth. I have been at the confusion and crossroads part lately....after much thought I have decided that I am not going anymore as I cannot believe what the study professes to say. I have decided that I believe to understand NOT to understand to believe. FAITH is what it is all about for me and I don't find faith in the study. Somehow it feels good to have made the decision and yet I so much enjoy being with my church friends. So I still go to church here as there isn't much choice living in the sticks, BUT if I lived in the city I would choose a church that follows the traditional way of teaching and the traditional service. Thanks for your daily inspirations Beth and the lovely photos. Your subject matter is so creative,your eye sees things that others overlook!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Beth for your thoughtful and lovely Christmas writings. They have added so much to my Christmas enjoyment and appreciation.
love, Jane.