Monday, December 13, 2010

STORY TIME


What a precious time reading the Christmas story to Ben and Morgan.

As I have been writing my thoughts on the story of Mary and Joseph I have seen it as a beautiful love story.
  1. Joseph, who had first worshiped and adored Mary, was shocked to hear that she was pregnant.  He rejected her which would put her very life in danger as a pregnant unmarried girl.  His heart softens and he takes her as his wife and accepts Jesus as his son.
It is good to look at our own lives and to see the love story that we are in.  I appreciate so many things about Larry.  Certainly his sense of humor and his wonderful story telling.  He does so many things to help other people like taking our friend to the hospital, or delivering food hampers, or making tea for me yesterday when a friend dropped in unexpectedly.

He does like to argue and considers it great fun and there are certain subjects we just have different ideas about.  But all this is done in love, even when it annoys me.  He is very good at fixing things and did a wonderful job with our shade deck and also the pond in the front yard, which all the children love to come and see.  If I do not feel like making supper he is quick to say "O let's just eat out".  He is very thoughtful and loves buying me little things and never complains when I buy another book, or two!

He cleans up the kitchen which I can make very messy.  We both love our family very much and we are very thankful for each and every one.  So we have our differences but that makes life interesting!

During a little debate we were having the other morning one of our children said to the other something like : "How long will we have to put up with this jokingly" but it did make me stop and think.

Keeping a sense of humor is the most important think especially when I get stressed and worried!

We are very happy and blessed to have each other.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hm, I am not sure Ricky called it joking? Sounds like you got a chance to rest after all of the excitment of the weekend. I am keeping my eye on the weather out east, not looking very good for flying or driving.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Whatever I will try to take it to heart. love mom