Tuesday, December 21, 2010

THE DECISION

Some decisions are life changing!  Some are not.  Our biggest life changing decision is to realize what a great gift we are to our family as we struggle with the problems of getting older and more and more short term memory problems.  As long as we can laugh, ya I know they cause wrinkles, but then the winkles match my graying hair.  I amaged myself that I gave my Christmas writings to Danial, the new minister, but I felt he is a kindred spirit, and somehow it would be safe to share.  Mostly I share with friends that I know will appreciate my ramblings.

No matter how tired I am when I I fall in to bed exhausted at night,  morning finds my brain wide awake and my body ready to escape from it's cocoon. 

I am thankful to be me knowing there will never be another me and the future is what is offering me new challenges and new decisions.  I am so thankful that we were able to buy gifts for the mystery grandmother and her nine year old grand daughter.  I was so thankful that we visited Louise (92) in the hospital.  She said right away "I knew you would come.  I knew you would come.  She is a very brave lady and I love her a lot.

Today we will visit Shirley some time and maybe spend time with Geof. and Jane if they have time for a coffee or lunch?

I love the song "Don't stop believing" sung by the young people at Walnut Grove.  I am thankful that I am a believer and that has been my ground for my philosophy for life; which reminds me that my decisions not only affect me but others around me.  I want to be happy and cheerful but find that I can be miserable and grumpy just as easily. 

I love the song "Amazing Grace" because when I live in the power of grace I find not only my fears relieved but that the grace that spoke to me as a child is still apart of me!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

To make luongo captain again?
Ken

Anonymous said...

I don't think so! But your are right mom, and sometimes you just never know which ones will end up being life changing. How are you this morning? Did you get your grama gifts? Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes, I am now up writing and did a great job shopping, found it fun. Then went to visit Louise in the hospital and so thankful we did as she was expecting me.

I decided to clean out our bedroom yesterday too!

Say hi to Mickael John and Mary
love mom

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah , by lenord cohen is a song you may like mom.
ken

Anonymous said...

Yes, I love it and will try to get a copy of it sometime.

love mom