Monday, December 20, 2010

UNCERTAIN

Yes it really did snow on Saturday night.  I love a walk in the snow and was happy that dad came too as it was dark outside. 

This path leads to a little walkway but it is too dark and scary to go through at night.  I went to bed worried about one of our grandchildren, this one in Australia, and lay awake listening for the phone.  My fears were ungrounded as the person who was mugged was not one of our grandchildren.

Fear is so powerful that it can actually make you sick.  We do live in an uncertain world and although I am extremely happy for our children flying all over the world I am praying for their safe return.  I do miss them.

I tried to put into words the fear that Mary would have experienced when the angel came to visit her.  Fear mixed with awe and unbelief.  Then when she experienced the rejection of Joseph, the man to whom she had committed her life to, the fear of her own safety would be over-powering.

I am reminded that God works in the hearts of believers and unbelievers and His love for us had to be revealed in human form.  Into this uncertain world Jesus was born to help us overcome our fears and find strength to do our best.  I think that there is hidden deep in my soul a spiritual hunger for some certainty in an uncertain. 

Countries like China who are looking to the West to discover our success hopefully will find that our belief that what we do and how we treat others matters.

Yesterday a day of blessings.  A message that stired me, good friends and good food together at the open house at Pat and Jims. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What mugging? In Brisbane?
Ken