Monday, December 20, 2010

WELCOME

I welcome Jesus each and every day to be apart of my day.  Sometimes with just a short prayer but I know that I ned His presence because I want to be loving and kind, compassionate and understanding.  On my own I easily become grumpy and difficult.  I think that even if I have the odd moment when the grace of God allows me to be a better person then that is enough for this world. 

This is early in the morning on a very dull day with more clouds being blown across the sky during the day and a few light snow flakes falling.  I went and had a much needed hair cut and dad went to meet his friend Robert in Langley.  My other plans failed to work out but I did do some visiting by phone.

I agree with Phillip Yancy who writes "I've concluded that God goes where he's wanted."  We live in a society, a world of know it alls, who have intellectualized the belief of others and have ended up believing they do not need religion.  Most of them have reached a level of comfort and prosperity that they see no need of welcoming God into their lives.  They like to let you know exactly where they stand and as I listen I sense that God has quietly moved on and left them.     

Dad came home excited and happy with the purchase of a new chess set.  Very beautiful. 

Dad is looking at the e-mail and I am down-loading a few pictures.  The boys across from us are out playing hockey on the street.  Mary and Scotty have just put there lights up with the help of their daughter Linda.  Still, a big job for them all.  Scotty was a bit grumpy but I am sure he is happy now they are up. 

To-morrow we will be shopping for a hamper for the other church for a grandmother and a nine year old grand daughter.  I am not sure what to get because we know so little about them.  What can I buy for a grandmother I have no idea of her age, her size or what she needs.  I think that she will welcome any gifts.

This will be our task for today.

No comments: