Thursday, December 30, 2010

MAGIC

There is magic in the freshly fallen snow.

There is magic in the excitment of Christmas.

There is magic in prayer that invites the spirit and presence of goodness to renew us and be with those we are lifting up in prayer.

There is magic in a lunch shared at a home with friends as we share good food and warm hospitality.
Thank you Jane and Geof.

There was magic in the beauty of the glowing sunset that travelled with us on our way home.

There was magic in the beautiful face of my paper lady, who I could see had known suffering, but there was a glow of warmth.  I also looked into the face of grief as my neighbor's mother shared that her dear husband had passed away on Dec. 24.  No words could ease her pain so all one could do is give her a hug.

To-morrow we will be going to a grave side service for an elderly friend I visited at the Nursing Home.  She was ready to see Jesus face to face.

There is magic in saying "I believe" whether it is at the manger or at the cross.  Life and death are mysterious.
I am thankful that when I feel doubt creeping into my soul I am able to pray "help me Jesus. help my unbelief."

There are no words to express the experience the magic, that is available to each one of us, when we are open to it and allow unconditional love into our hearts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And in driving home, the river smooth as glass and the city lights bright against the mountains in the distance. Seeing how as silly people were driving slow I got a long look at the scenery. Trafic has been very light this week though, nice for a change to make it to work in 20 minutes.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

l find magic and beauty in your writing Beth . Thank you for being you. Love, Jane