Friday, December 3, 2010

CHRISTMAS CRANKY

I think real people have days when they just feel cranky I certainly do.  It is never just one thing but one thing after another.  It all started with my cake disaster and then  was it misjudging a speeding car, loosing my wallet with the money I had just taken out of the bank and all my I.D. and credit cards, was it the phone call that was never made to say "I'm okay" or was it that the house just seems to be getting messier and messier.

My legs felt weak as I asked at the counter if my wallet had been turned in and I was so thankful it had all i could say was thank you! thank you!

Other people seem to look forward to craft fairs and special dinners mixed with birthday celebrations but not me.  I am feeling just plain tired.  I know that I am not alone and I am not feeling sorry for myself but just wondering "What is wrong with me?" 

Conformity can be such a drag.  Wild and crazy seems like more fun! ! !

I know it will be fun helping at the church Christmas craft fair and the place will look all beautiful.  To-morrow dad can peel all the potatoes for the scalloped potatoes I am taking for Pot Luck get together.  I have not read chapter 2 called God so I'll just listen to the discussion.

It is amazing to see Matthew and Jasmine looking at their little books we sent them for Christmas.  I wish I could have been there.  I love seeing pictures of them!

I am trying to make healthy meals and dad is a great help after I mess up the kitchen I let him know he can clean up now!  A few Christmas lights and red candles brighten up our home.  Now that I written all this I am feeling in a very good mood. 

The best gift that we can give is our time.  There is a lot of love in the air even when people are rushing about.

1 comment:

Pinetreeannie said...

You are so right Beth when you say the best gift you can give is your time. Money cannot buy that..........and it makes it very special to think that someone cared enough to come and shovel your snow, or stopped in for a "cuppa" and a visit. Have a great day at the church craft sale. We are off to the city to battle the crowds and buy a few gifts for Christmas. Take care now and don't push to hard. Go with the flow as I tell my students!