Sunday, December 19, 2010

JOY

The morning promised a sunny day, this was last Friday I believe.  The sun filled us with the joy of light and warmth.  Last night we had big soft snow falling and what a joy to walk in it. and feel the gentle touch of it upon one's face.

I am remembering all the past joys I have had over the past years of celebrating Christmas.  The excitement as a child believing in Santa who would come mysteriously in the night to put little gifts in my stockings.  I was not surprised however when my brother told me there was no Santa but that  it was really mom and dad, after all moms and dads do love to give presents.  I remember the first year I was able to buy them something and I was so happy to be able to do that.

Then there were the busy years with our four children when my parents would come to visit and somethings Larry's grandmother.  Christmas was a very busy time and by Christmas Eve I would be exhausted but full of joy having the family around all in bed fast asleep; and knowing that all that could be done was done.

Yes, I have wonderful  memories of driving over those majestic mountains to visit our family in Alberta.  There was lots of joy in our time with them all!

When I think of Mary and Joseph becoming the parents of baby Jesus I know the story is one of many journey's.  I like to imagine God laughing with delight at the birth of Jesus and all of heaven rejoicing with Him.  My joy will go with you promises God.

The healthiest  response to life is laughter and every time I hear a child laugh I feel great joy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes dear - I loved walking with you in the dark along the road looking at all the beautiful decorations and lights in the windows, and feeling the soft snow on our faces, a feeling of togetherness and love. Im glad I left my hockey game to walk with you.

Anonymous said...

Awww

Anonymous said...

And don't forget drives through the mountains to Alberta to come and visit us! I have bookmarked your blog so Mary and MJ will be sure to be making lots of comments.
Sandra