Saturday, March 12, 2011

PRAYER

I could not stay up and watch the agony of the death and destruction after the earthquake and tsunami in Japan.  It would give me nightmares that even thinking about how some of those people died fills me with fear.  Do we also have to worry about earth quakes and tsunamis here?  It seems to be that all the disasters seem to be getting worse and really we are so helpless in the face of what nature can do.

I was heartened to hear that people are expressing their emotions and sending prayers on Twitter to those caught up in this agony.

I was also very tired after going to two parties in one day, very enjoyable; meeting and talking to very interesting and very creative people.  I come home wishing I had more energy to be more active in life.  Thinking way back when I was diagnosed as celiac and was told it was bad I had such confidence that once I knew what was wrong with me then getting better would be easy.  And I did but I never really felt healthy and I still struggled with tiredness.  I am thankful for good days and for the good health I have.  I look at others and my heart goes out in compassion to them with all the problems they are facing.

Whatever I am facing in life I know it is important to be honest and to dig deeper for the truth.  Ignorance and superstition and manipulation can destroy the image of God.  Good people can destroy their lives and the lives of others with false beliefs.

Prayer is healing but it is also acceptance of the things we cannot change. 

Yes, sometimes I have  felt  useless and sometimes used [but haven't we all at times]
but mostly I have felt loved.
I like things to be peaceful and I will continue to try and learn from my mistakes.
I guess that's all we can do and can expect others to do.
I believe in the power of prayer so will add my prayers as I go through this day.
I am thankful for all the good friends in my life that invite me to their birthday parties!

My fabulous party shoes!

No comments: