Tuesday, March 8, 2011

WHY

There are many questions in our lives when we ask why.  The natives in the Tar Sands are convinced that the oil drilling in ruining their natural way of life and also bringing disease.  It would appear that alot was done carelessly and poisons were running in the natural water.  We watch the show about airplane crashes and it can be cause by by a simple screw not properly joined.  Money, time and effort are required to do things right.  We get a notice of some one making a lot of money from charity donations and I think about the times in our lives when it was hard to give because we had so little.  These same people run adds with pictures of starving children and drive big cars and live in big mansions.  How sick is that.

Then there are families where one tragedy after another seems to hit them.  Life seems to be very unfair.  We can fight for injustice and for better use of our lands but somethings you just cannot change.
My neighbor who said she is lonely seems to be running away from friendship, so I can offer friendship but it is really up to her.  I enjoy visiting her but I do not really understand her.  The elderly man at the Nursing Home is the same; he can be so grumpy, and yet I think he is glad to see me.  I will keep going because I know being alone and not being able to do what you used to do is very hard.

Dad has some cream for his eyelids which have been so itchy and painful.  If what he saw on the write on goggle  up is true he will have this problem for ever.  Why?  Doesn't he have enough trouble with his eyes?  I was too tired to go for my walk yesterday and am not sure just why I felt so miserable.  But I worked in the garden and then dad and I had a walk around the grounds at city hall.  What will happen when they move the city hall from this nice park area over to Walley and why are they moving it anyway?  

I discovered that mustard flour is okay for celiacs and that spicy nuts are not. 
I know that late nights do not agree with me.

The weed man drove by our place again yesterday and I smiled to myself; I should have given him a friendly wave.   He also has phoned several times I can see by our call display.  I guess he is trying to tell us it is time to clean up our yard!  I come in with itchy eyes and a sore back but I feel good.

I have many more why questions but I guess that is enough for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, is she not wanting to have you come over and visit? Did dad go to the eye doctor for the cream or was that his regular doctor he got that from? Randy wanted to work on the bathroom last night but I was just too tired and could not face it, but tonight it has to be done.
It was snowing on my way in to work today, not near as nice out as yesterday, hope you get a bit of a walk in.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Must say l don't fancy any of the spicy nits either! Jane.

beth bennett said...

Yes, I had a walk and it was rainy snow.

Yes, it was from his regular doctor and he does not see the eye doctor until the 15.

She keeps going back and forth from New Westminster and is not happy either place. I think she is running away from friendship and seems not to have any anywhere. But my other neighbor who is a widow is amazing and has come for a visit and invites me in when I go by. Both seem friendly but one really is.

love mom