Wednesday, March 23, 2011

THE DREAM

I hope we never lose the wonder of childhood but also the wonder that Spirit  can produce
 when it gives us the freedom to imagine and to enjoy life with all it's preciousness. 

Last night I had one of my dreams I call my happiness dreams.  I have had only about three but they all left me with a beautiful feeling.  So, in my dream I was in a very busy place with lots of people around and lots of buildings but I was told that I lived in this house in the distance.  I walk to the house and open the door and see this amazing window that fills the whole wall of the side of the house.  It looks out on a brilliant green park that was breath-takingly beautiful and magical.   As I looked I saw more and more different trees and little paths and everything was full of light.  I wanted to bring the whole world in to see it and I was told no.

The study book for Lent is about living from the center and breathing in the life of God.  I believe that for me Jesus shows me the door to this world of wonder.  You feel the joy of being a child again and it all happens so naturally. 

WhenI am open to the new shape my life is taking I find joy in the simple things.  There is something about human nature that the past will try to haunt us and I know that I have learned many lessons in the past and there is a part of me that wants to share some of that; but I no not live there.  The saddest people are those who live in the past and cannot seem to let it go.  I am trusting the Spirit of God to help me find joy, not a phony false mask but moments of both joy and sadness that are real.


Rest in the beauty of life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So much nicer waking up from a dream like that then so many others. Sandra