Thursday, March 10, 2011

RIPPLES

Last night we where shocked to hear about the huge earthquake that hit Japan and now there is warning of a tsunami..  I am worried about Australia and the Grand Cayman Islands and even our coast.  I have not watched it on T.V. yet this morning.

When I was thinking about ripples I was thinking about the little things in our lives and especially how we re-act to one another.  I wish I had been able to cheer up my lonely neighbor who invited me over yesterday but I found I was feeling sad for her and couldn't think of any to really cheer her up.  I hope my just listening helped a bit.  I think that is what God does for me "listens"!

Dad and I had been to the eye clinic and then went to the Sylvia Hotel.  I have to laugh, quietly to myself, at the old gentleman who is the waiter in the bar.  We like to sit there right by the window.  He is very quiet and I think he would have made an excellent butler.  His face is very expressionless and he carries the tray in with great style.  We order the same things, dad has fish and chips and i have gluten free chicken and vegetables.
It was too windy and cold so we did not walk around except to take pictures of the trees coming out in bloom.


I  now reading Sarah's Key and it seems to fit in with what I was thinking about; how the ripples in our life's reach out and affect others.  This story starts with a young girl whose family is taken by french police because they are Jews, they are held in an old huge barren garage before they are put on trains.  A very sad story of unbelievable cruelty and shame.  So sad to read but you cannot put it down.

What happened to the little boy shut in the closet?
Is the American girl moving into the same apartment where Shara lived?

  The young girl Sarah has no idea what is happening when the police come banging on her door, so she locks her younger brother in a cupboard and takes the key and promises to return and let him out.  The story goes back and forth between Shara's life and an American girl  who is looking into this story a hundred years later.  She has no idea the impact this child Sara will have on her life.

Today I will be turning into a party girl.  We are invited to two birthday parties, one in the afternoon and one at night.  A bit much for this old gal who wants to feel young in heart.

No comments: