Wednesday, March 23, 2011

MISSED

Missed saying good-bye to Oliver He left so quickly and I had gone for a shorter walk.

We drove around Richmond yesterday and the place we where looking for was missing.  Everything is so changed it does not seem like the same place at all.  It is hard to believe that I used to work at our Nursing Home in Ladner then drive into Richmond to go to a gym that I had been talked into going to.  The children were busy being teenagers and I missed the talks we use to have when they were younger.  Dad was busy doing a million things and getting ready to be more involved in the union at work.

I was glad I had good friends like Dorothy Wells and also a Bible study group of friends.  At that time I had much to learn and I was learning with a group of Baptist ladies, because there was very little at the United Church at that time.  I basically learned Baptist theology.  I was like a sponge which soaked it all up.

I still am learning and enjoy my afternoon group at the church.

  I am missing physical energy but also spiritual energy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So if you are missing all of those things, what have you found instead? I am missing a husband and a bathroom. But I am having fun pretending I am camping running a hose upstairs now, having plastic all over the floor to keep the wood dry and puting my bath stuff all over in nooks in cranies. I feel like I am 8 years old again and playing in the abandoned house in the woods. Sandra

beth bennett said...

Good for you. I agree that there are alwys new things to be created and enjoyed.

I have found contentment which I hope is expressed less in busyness and more in simplicity and thankfulness.

Some good thoughts for to-morrow just when I thought I had run out of ideas.
love mom