Monday, March 7, 2011

THE DAWN

It is so much nicer to get up when dawn is breaking and then I wait for the sun to shine into my world.  There is frost on the cars parked on the street and crocuses are appearing in the garden so we are in that in-between state.  There is no fog here this morning that gives a eiry feeling of uncertainty and separation.

Dad is off to his family doctor today and I wish he would get into see his eye doctor earlier because his eyes are very itchy and painful.  I will nag him to see if he will try and go to-morrow, because they have cancelled his appointment that he was to have this week because the doctor is in surgery,  If the eye drops are making his eyes worse and causing a re-action and causing him worry I think he should try and get in sooner.  If a doctor does not hear from you they assume you are all right.  Hopefully his family doctor will be on my side.

We have planned to drive to Langley to have lunch with an old friend who recently popped up on face book.
We will go to the Milestones as I feel okay about eating there.

We had a good meeting last night as usual but got home a little late.  We discussed some heavy topics like sin and dogma and interruption of scripture as metaphor.  We talked about different experiences we had had in our journey of faith.  Things that had upset us like the understanding about forgiveness and repentance. And I know it is often myself I need to forgive because I still so stupid things.  I can hear Dr. Phil saying: What where you thinking?"

It dawns on me that I have to have faith in the forgiveness that is freely given.  Guilt is a heavy burden to carry and I can let it go.  Our new minister has changed the prayer of confession to one of letting go.

I just remembered I forgot to take my digestion pills and my stomach has reminded me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I am back to work and will once again be your morning audienc. It was nice to drive to work this morning in the light rather then the dark.
Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes, I am glad to see you back!
love mom