Monday, March 28, 2011

RELAX

Holidays are a good way to relax for most of us.  Going for a walk is also a good way to shut the door on all the things that you could do and will get around to doing eventually.  Spring is a busy time of year when things need to be done in side, spring cleaning, and outside, tidying up the garden and the yard.

All the while there is within me an intense inner dialogue that challenges me to do more.  I find that when I keep things in balance, a little work and a little rest, a little fun and a little study then life is better.

I have just remembered that I have made two commitments for the same afternoon.  One person needs to be listened to and the other younger one wants to come and help me.  Theresa and Ben and Morgan are meeting Oliver here today I think.

I know that I feel happy when others are happy and I value my time that I spend with others. 

We can never really know what others are feeling but we can be empathetic knowing that in God alone there is Deep Empathy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think holidays are exhausting! I hope you get your scheduling figured out. Are dads feet doing better?
Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes, I agree.
Dad's feet are better but stil;l not all that good, but a little less painful.
Theresa and family are maybe meeting Oliver here today. Theresa will figure out supper.
We are eating quinoa with vegtables these days. love mom

nancy-Lou said...

Beth...that is such a pretty picture of the flowering shrub, do you know that name? Glad to hear that you are keeping more rested....are you taking your digestive enzymes regularly? One meal without them and I am bloated and sick. Great musings and pictures. Love to read what you have written each day, but often just don't have time to comment. We MUST meet one day! Nancy