Thursday, March 31, 2011

THE PATH

On sunday afternoon I took a short walk through the park.  There was still a bit of sunlight that shone on the path and although I could hear voices I never say anyone.  I stayed on the main path so the walk was easy.
My life is sorta like that, I have stayed on my path and have found my way by trying to live what I believe.

I have felt the faith of my ancestors somehow has been a part of my journey.  The quiet of the forest allows you to hear your own footsteps as you step on broken branches and duck under overhanging trees.  Most of the sunlight is shut out by the huge tall trees but some always finds it way to light the path.

Religion talks about the light and the dark and both can be very real.  Yesterday was a very gray day and it supported my gray mood.  As I think about my family getting together I think again of each one and their uniqueness.  They have their paths that they are following.  Oliver flys off to the Grand Cayman to visit his mom and sister with his future a little uncertain but he hopes to work on a boat and wants to have an exciting job.

Carol and Panteli are making plans going back and forth to the Grand Cayman.  Carol is coming home because she has holidays in June.  It looks like a beautiful place to live and if you get involved in activities like volley ball , and pottery making you will find friends.  I am sure they will all be changed by their experiences as I have been by mine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are posting very late. Does that mean you are sleeping in? I wish I could go live somewhere warm too, but home and family calls to me to much to be able to enjoy it for long.
Sandra

beth bennett said...

No, I wish. I think it was because Oliver was sleeping.

I really should post later in the day when my brain is more awake but my habit has been to write first thing in the morning if I can.

I would miss my family too much to and I think Kim and Carol do too and that is why they want everyone to come and visit. love mom