Tuesday, December 11, 2012

ANTICAPATION

Our church is decorated very beautifully for Christmas.
We have some amazing creative people who do such beautiful banners.

Yesterday we had a skype talk with Kim and saw her and the two dogs.  She looks well and seems happy.  She likes her new place so much better after feeling that the man in charge of her other place was creepy.

We did not anticapate her call nor the one from Shawna but it was a joy to talk to them both.  We are so blessed to have such a loving family.  Stephan is away but will be home this weekend I believe.

I went to church full of expectations but feeling grubby.  Also my gas can was on empty and I was not sure I would make it there or not.  Maybe that is how one should feel in the wilderness the topic of the morning.  A place to listen, to feel the emptiness that loneliness brings and we feel separate from the busyness of others.

Monday was a sad day as we visited Robbie and left with a heavy heart.  Dad had a good talk with Chuck while I was told I could visit for 5 minutes with Robbie.  I sad a little prayer and held her hand. There was very little response from her only a small  smile and a feeling of peace.

In Daniel's ponderings I am reminded that this spiritual journey of mystery and anticapation is one that is able to see the sacred in the ordinaryness of life.   I live in a world where there are broken people searching for love and happiness and finding disappointment especially at this time of year.

There is pain in birth and yet we long to see hope and hear good news and love shows us what is precious .  The same hand that gives us life will give us peace when our life comes to an end.

"Christ's birth is a call to love, joy, hope and peace"  and we anticapate
that his birth, as one of us, will bring us out of the wilderness and give us
 direction as to what we can do for others. 

Today we journey to see Ben and Morgan and enjoy their Christmas concert.  We will stay over night and not travel back in the dark.  I am anticapating a happy time seeing their radiant  faces filled with love and excitment just seeing us.

We feel very at home in the Delta Hospice.  The staff are excellent and so very caring.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Such a contrast from one day to the next, live nearing it's end, and young vibrant lives just starting. Picked up my necklace from the animal shelter that I bid on to raise money for the injured animals. They are such nice people there. The spirit there is of hope and love. I wish I could work there. Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

The hospice picture looked so nice....sad times for the family, it is so difficult to watch their loved one as they are on their journey home. Beth, you are so kind in your spiritual care of those in need. I am sure Robbie knew you were there. At the funeral for Melodie...while her brother gave the eulogy...the mike started to crackle and pop and wouldn't stop...until a man adjusted something..BUT we all felt it was Mel's spirit, wanting to get her two cents in! We laughed about it later. The service was lovely...300 plus there. Have fun tonight at the concert..love Nancy

Anonymous said...

Nice of you to visit Robbie mom. I'm sure it is appreciated.

I'm in Ottawa all week. Leah is using my car as her's broke down.

Love,

Rick

Shawna said...

Grandma I love what you said, "the same hand that gives us life will give us peace when our life comes to an end." This is beautiful and true!!!

Thank you for the lovely conversation yesterday! We should do it more often!

Love You

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Robbie, that's Mikie's mother ? Went to the eye DR yesterday, he gave me drops , off they don't work I will have surgery.
Ken