Sunday, December 16, 2012

Here I am returning from my morning walk in the snow - dad waited with his camera to get me.
Home to a nice warm kitchen!  My nose is dripping but I feel good.  This was Saturday.

Sunday a day of prayer.  For me prayer is a way to express my love and to express empathy and compassion but also to inspire helpfulness. When you know what it feels like to be helpless you want to know how to support others when times are tough.  I believe in a force for good that is beyond our comprehension, but a source of strength and amazing grace.

However and whatever we say to God can be a prayer expressing our deepest feelings;  anger, fear, worry, loneliness or despair and let me not forget thankfulness but let it be from the heart,

This is my walk.  Can you see the snow falling?

Sunday dad and I looked after the great grandchildren, Morgan still not feeling well.
Supper was a bit of a mish mash as I had put little thought into it  Looking after the children was enough for me to cope with.  Dad picked up some chicken and chips from the Safeway.

After supper Sandra and Randy dropped by after a busy day shopping. Wow they had a fabulous time dancing up a storm at their office party.  I don't think Sandra missed a dance!

When they all left it was snowing lightly.  I was thankful we were not driving.  I was ready to fall into bed so I did.

Monday  will see if Gundy wants to walk and hopefully see Jane and Geof.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that one of the orange vests would be a good idea. I passed a fellow wearing one of those on the dark road near where I live and all I saw until the very last minute was the reflective vest.

Love,

Rick

Sandra said...

Yes, you think you are visible but mortorists have so much on their minds you can never be too visible!
Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Glad to see you are dressed for the weather....you look wet and cold. Are you walking in the daylight now? I hope so. I just was asked to play at the community Christmas eve service..I used to do it years ago and it is always a thrill to celebrate the birth of Christ with your friends and neighbours. The little kids act out the nativity scene and we have some great singing contests between the men and women and also one side of the church and the other...lots of merriment. So we practice on Sunday. It isn't a church service...just put on by the community.What are your plans?
We will have a quiet Christmas...family supper here on Christmas day. Love, Nancy

Shandel said...

Gramma you are so cute in your orange jacket!good idea to wear when you are walking among the cars and trucks. We have received a bit more snow as well and its always fun to walk in the paths that have not yet been touched. Fresh snow for Daisy and i to make our foot prints on, i love the crunching sounds it makes under our feet.
I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Maybe we can all Skype if you are all together at Sandy's and Randy's house? please just let us know. We will bring our computer if we are at my dads or moms. I am not sure what day you are having dinner.
much love
XO

Anonymous said...

No can't see the soon. Lets hope it's a white Christmas.
Ken