Friday, December 28, 2012

PROBLEMS


Everybody seems to have some problems in their lives.  Most of us put on a happy face.

Yesterday I accompanied dad on his walk in the forest.  I was taking a few pictures and having an enjoyable time; until we came to a very steep hill that would be a short cut back to the green area.
For me it became the Hill of Terror.  There was no real path and the way was covered in slimy slippery leaves.  It was so steep I felt like I was going to fall backwards.  I am afraid of heights and I am afraid of falling.  So first I tired walking on my hands and feet with my feet still sliding. 
Next  I lay down and crawled on my stomach very slowly.  My arms and legs felt weak and my heart was pounding.   There was no going back and going forward looked hopeless.Yes I did manage to finish the climb after burying my face in the dirt and resting awhile.  I was not smiling.  I think he was starting to worry.  Good to get home and have a bubble bath.
It was dense wood and no real path,
This is dad at the very beginning of our long trip. I think I was shaking all ready.  His boots have a good grip while my runners are completely worn down and I slip very easily. I had no idea how far up we had to travel with a gully on one side that I narrowly missed.

A little more fast paced than my walks with Gundy
.

 Everyone has problems from time to time in their lives and we have to find our way out and sometimes it is the hard way.

Did Jesus realize the full implications of the life he had chosen?  We said when we got married for better or for worse, in sickness and in health and those were important words to say.  They would not be easy words to live by and I still can find myself not as compassionate as I want to be.

I realize that Jesus was one with all those needy people who surrounded him day by day.  He taught them to see life differently and even he could not fix all their problems but he listened and cared and understood.  He lived out a message of non-violence that would influence others like Mandela and Gandhi and Martin Luther King.

Some of the lessons we need to learn in life seem to take a lifetime.  One is contentment that does not imprison us but still urges us to do better.  We live in a world of discontentment where new and better gadgets are wiving for our attention and telling us that what we need is the biggest the best the latest model.  So of course lots of people are out shopping right after Christmas looking for bargains that will fill the emptiness of disappointment.  This is perfectly normal and but is a bigger problem for some people than others.
 
We all have dreams.  Some are day dreams that actually come true.

 
LARRY'S IDEAS OF A SHORTCUT - NOTICE HE IS TAKING PICTURE - NOT HELPING WIFE!
 
"Human Beings have got the ability to adjust to anything."  --Nelson Mandela 

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Hey, I left a comment allready and it is not there! Oh well, I basicaly said that it is good to have a "challenging" walk every once in a while to really apreciate the calmer normal ones.

Anonymous said...

Well at least it was not snowing.
Ken