Sunday, December 9, 2012

FUZZY

We carried on after our morning waiting, dad at the emergency and me with Robbie and later Chuck and two other friends, into Vancouver to the Lee Valley Store. We are picking up something for Sandra because we feel she needs to be spoilt a little; but then again don't we all.

The mountains were covered with clouds but also with snow.  The day did not seem to know what it should do, sunny one minute raining the next.  It was windy and cold.

My mind seems fuzzy after the worry about dad and about Christmas in general.  I should have made a list for my cards, which I wasn't going to send, and I should have checked it twice.    Maybe I just get irritable more easily.  I do not like to be in crowds out shopping.

I find waiting in line so tiring.  I was feeling irritable when the lady at the grocery store in front of me having forgotten what she came for, rushed to get it and keep us all waiting.  I have done similar things so I should be graceful not only outwardly but in my inner thinking.

Planning meals is very annoying for me now if I am being honest.  Everyday I think I must make a better effort.  Today is a good day for stew which is dad's favorite.

Sitting with a very ill friend makes me aware of the unfairness of life and how much she will be missed.  I am glad I can spend time with her even when she is too tired to talk.

"It's always darkest before the dawn,
and that is what keeps me moving on."
- - Pete Seeger.

Christmas is a time to believe in miracles!

Hanukkah is:
Overcoming despair through hope
Accepting the unpredictability of luck
Remembering the need to be pragmatic
Remaining open to a miracle.
--Douglas Todd  in the Vancouver Sun

This is the tradition out of which our Christmas Story comes.

The darkening days make the nights longer and can affect some people with "seasonal affective disorder".  We want light to overcome this darkness so we decorate our homes with lights and candles.  The best miracle would be peace and the end of world hunger and violence.  Faith is what keeps my hope alive.

Sandra has been busy with the children's Christmas party.  She was a beautiful Mrs. Clause but who was Mr. Santa?  Was it Randy?

Church today and maybe a short walk with dad would do him good.  We went shopping yesterday , not for Christmas presents, but for bandages.  Good to do things together eh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A list of the cards you weren't going to send?

I'm glad that the hospital bandaged Dad up. Rather alarming with so much blood, I'm sure.

Yes,the seasons and life and renewal and all that co-exist, but I tend to just like the spring/green/rebirth bits myself.

Love,


Rick

Sandra said...

My goodness, I really should not take even a day off from reading your blog! I will call tommorrow to see how you are both doing. Yes, busy with the childrens party and then today with tearing our bedroom apart and trying to find places to keep everything for the next 2 or 3 weeks. We tried to do some shopping saturday afternoon but I was tired and grumpy and did not want to wait in lines. Sandra