Tuesday, December 18, 2012

ETERNITY

                                  A mother plays at the park with her child.  A picture of love.

.Robbie lived to the end for her family and surrounded by their love it was her time to move on.
Body and soul are one on this earth but now her soul has entered eternity.

God has made all things beautiful in their time.
He has set eternity in their hearts,   Ecclesiastes 3:11

Dad and I felt very sad hearing that Robbie had died; but also a sense of relief,   In life there will always be death.  I believe that each one of us has a unique contribution to make in this life and Robbie gave a huge amount of love to her family and to her friends.  I know her love will live on in each of her children's lives and that of her grandchildren also. She will be missed and grief fills our hearts for all.

For my dear mom I know she had a life-sustaining certainty  that heaven was real and that her own mom lived on there.  I can remember her telling me that as a  very .young child. 

In the presence of God there is a fullness of joy and rest for the weary soul that now is healed and set  free.  We taste a bit of this goodness in our own lives every moment of the day if we choose to see the beauty that surrounds us. 

Our prayers for Robbie have now been answered.
 Now our prayers are for her family to find comfort and healing as they go through the grieving process. 

Prayer whether spoken or silent has the unique potential to be a means of giving and receiving love.

My soul alone waits in silence,
from Him comes my salvation.
He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress;  I shall never be shaken.

My meditation is to meditate on scripture and on nature and on the precious gift of love we celebrate at Christmas.  Love has the power to heal.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Good to know Robbie's suffering is over, sad that it had to be through death. Sandra

Anonymous said...

R.I.P..Robbie, May the family find comfort in caring for one another and the love and prayers of others as they do the last things and celebrate and commemorate Robbie;s life . Jane

Anonymous said...

Sad news about Robbie. Ken

nancy-Lou said...

We send our condolences to Theresa and Mike and the rest of the family on the loss of Robbie. Sad times for all. Saying goodbye is so difficult. I will keep you in my prayers...comfort and peace.

I see on your local news that you are getting some snow...maybe it will last to Christmas.
It is pretty cold tonight and I am going to Tai Chi...good thing my friend is picking me up, I will get in to a warm car.
Love Nancy

Anonymous said...

Sound thoughts Mom.

Love,

Rick