Wednesday, December 26, 2012

TRUTH





"


















"Once in awhile you will stumble on  but most of us manage to pick ourselves up and hurry along as if nothing had happened."--Winston Churchill

I believe there is a profound truth in the story of Mary and Joseph.

It is a mystical truth that presents an ordinary experience as one that will become world changing.

Each year we are hopeful that peace will come and fighting will end; but with the anger and bitterness and the availability in every country of too many weapons hope is faint.  We all have to work towards peace the best way we can.  Celebrating with family is a good start.  Being part of our community and caring for those we live with and work with is vital.  Sometimes it is being at peace with someone who can be difficult so to have peace in our own hearts can be a challenge.

But on the other hand when we try to live by truth it can cause division.  Truth should not be suppressed for the sake of unity.  Does that make truth superior to peace?

I believe that the message of Jesus was to reveal truth that could bring reconciliation which was a difficult tasks.  Words can be misunderstood.

"We must, therefore, ever uphold our original ideal and of speaking the truth in love".
--James Atkinson, a Church of England Evangelical

We had some snow today mixed with rain but no snow stayed on the roads.  It is cold.

Yes, we did go visiting to see Cathy and Glen; three of the girls were home and the other two have left to visit other family.  The two babies were there and full of life and having a great time with a ball.  I visited with Tavia and Jasmine, her husband  Ryan's mom is in hospital with liver cancer so he was not there.  Ava was having a serious game of scrabble with her husband Jeff while dad talked to Cathy and Glen.  They have a very relaxed day on Christmas day with food put out on the table to help yourself.  Both the babies know sign language and it is amazing.

I enjoyed Christmas evening but did not talk to anyone very much which I guess happens more if you help clean up.  Watching Ben and Morgan open their pj's reminded me that we always opened pj's from Nana and granddad on Christmas Eve.  You guys must remember that?

I did miss the Christmas Eve service so will try and go next year if it is possible.

3 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

What a wonderful family your have...both near and far. We too, feel blessed to have family and friends who shared our Christmas Day. Today, Boxing Day is clear and cold....a beautiful Manitoba morning. -33....but no wind, actually the crisp air felt really good when I went out to feed the birds. They were waiting, the little red breasted nuthatches flew in to the pail as I walked to the feeders...they like the shelled peanuts and will land on my hand too. Sometimes, my head. I think they are a family, as there are about 7of them and they arrive together and constantly talk to each other, neeb, neeb, neeb....they talk to me too! What a precious gift they are.
The chickadees also are pretty tame and adorable. I am going to try and some pics and post them.
I see you watch the ducks on your walks...I used to enjoy that too, at Rathtrevor Park, Parksville. Have a nice walk today...I am going too, but it is too cold to take my little dog. Love, Nancy

Sandra said...

I remember new jammies at Christmas, did not know they came from your parents. I kept doing that for my kids when they were little too. My tree is down and 90% de-Christmased. With all the mayhem up stairs it stresses me to have the down stairs out of order. Thinking of going out to the mall, but we will see. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Yes. I remember the new PJ's . Busier at work last night , now three days off then 6 early shifts.
Hot this morning, but then a cool change expected,and temp will drop to about 20c.
Ken