Friday, December 14, 2012

VASTNESS

                      "It is precisely in the light of God's vastness and acceptance of me that I can                                         accept my  careless mistakes and the harm they may have caused to others."
                                                                    -Tatoos on the Heart.

                       A vast blanket of leaves covers the forest path.

Yes I walked with dad in the forest today just to make sure he is careful. I am always amazed how vast this Water Shed Forest is and how many different paths there are. As we walk silently along it seems like we are all alone when out from another path comes a lady, a dog trainer, walking four dogs. She tells us stories about each one of them.
Coming home and later in the day I look out at the sky and am amazed at how vast it is. There is a little bit of brightness but heavy dark clouds hovering over it all. I will not walk so early in the morning but you have to be so careful no matter what time of day it is.  At least I do not have to worry about wild animals.  Just skate boarders and bikes; which also come wheezing past us in the forest.

Dad asked me if there was anything I wanted to do or anywhere I want to go before I die. Now that is a vast question. I will have to do lots of thinking about this.   We have received cards of people travelling on many trips but it is not something I am yearning to do

. Time spent with family is still the most precious.

It means a lot to me when Morgan hugs me and says "thanks for coming." Dad and I have travelled many miles to see our family and it means a lot when they appreciate our visits.

Yesterday dad and I spent the day searching for things we couldn't find.  Today dad his  final visit to the dentist.

I am amazed at the vastness of God and His Love and His Joy. Especially at this time of the year. "Divine love is incessantly restless until it turns all woundedness into health, all deformity into beauty and all embarrassment into laughter." from --Tattoos on the Heart.

This the vastness of God is so much bigger than we could ever understand.

3 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Good to see Larry walking again...his leg must have healed and nice to hear that you are walking in the daylight! We send out thoughts and prayers to Robbie and family...it is so difficult to say goodbye...yet you want the suffering to end...such a hard time for all. Have you ever studied Buddhism Beth? I love the simplicity of it...and the kindness. I wish we lived closer to the city and I could explore it more. Do you watch curling on TV?We follow all the tournaments. I hope you find what you are looking for...I lose things too and currently have quite a few things that have "grown legs" and run away. Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Every day at work seems like the busiest day the year. A yesterday was no exception, storms and broken aircraft , the good thing is time flies. Matthew was a good singer at his little concert yesterday. He is not shy at all .
Ken

beth bennett said...

Thanks Nancy,
Larry's leg hufrts but he can walk on it. We debate whether he should go to the doctor but not much he could unless give him some anti-biotocs. It will heal very slowly because of poor circulation.

Ken, we would have loved to be at Mathew's concert. You have had some bad wind and strange weather.

Love mom