Wednesday, December 5, 2012

NEW

Just a few lights.  In this picture the plate painted by Kim, the wooden Christmas tree by Oliver, the Santa made by Theresa, the card by Stephen or Cameron, the angel by Mary, and the picture of Ken and his children on the music box, the angel candles from Leah. Some were added after I took this picture as I open the box of decorations. Lots of memories.

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature;
old things are passed away, all things are become new."   11Chorinthians 5:17

The man on the C.B.C. explained that the soul is in the brain and I think that is so interesting.  Our brain has many compartments and one of them is for the spiritual.  There is within us all  a potential to become new.  Jesus brought hope and light and love to awaken a new spirit within us all.  I am thankful for his light that shines on my way. 

  I have taken a picture of the Temple.  It does exist.

 Religion and spirituality both exist.  Part of the problem has been religion trying to control spirituality.   Both are worthy of investigation.

As I was standing in front of the gate a lady approach, said a prayer and invited me in.  We know that anyone is welcome there.  It really seemed like she really blessed my day.  When I got home and was working in the garden our young neighbor Tod came over to say he will help us dig up the daises that have spread so much all over the garden.

The roads were once again safe from my driving as dad drove to White Rock showing me the best and only way to drive to see Rosanna.  He carried on to the library while we visited.  She really cheered up during our time together.  She gave me an angel that lights up.

On the way home we saw another huge rainbow and the sky was fantastic with the sun shining on the clouds.  Dad was able to control his pain from the work done on his mouth by taking advil.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Sikh temple? A Hindu Temple? Or a Muslim Mosque?

Did you go in? It was nice the lady invited you. Did you have a bit of a chat?

Love,

Rck

Sandra said...

It is a Sikh temple. I heard it was a wonderful day yesterday with lots of rainbows. I only got to see it from my window unfortunately. Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Beth that is a lovely display of cherished Christmas things made by your family....what a lovely thing to do. I too, wondered if you took the lady up on her offer to go inside the temple. I would like to know what they look like inside! I hope Larry's dental pain is gone today. Our dentist, Dr Nita Mazurat is such a treasure...no pain and gentleness. She is coming to Melodie's funeral on Sunday. We are blessed to have her. Love Nancy

Anonymous said...

My next dental appointment is in six months baring any unforeseen breakages. I had a terrible headache and earache last night, maybe the dentist hit a nerve.
Warming up today, 37c by the weekend.
Ken

Anonymous said...

My next dental appointment is in six months baring any unforeseen breakages. I had a terrible headache and earache last night, maybe the dentist hit a nerve.
Warming up today, 37c by the weekend.
Ken