Friday, December 7, 2012

TIMING


>
It is time for the trees to be bare.  "We tend to think of permanence versus change without remembering they coexist. . .and that we are, at one and the same time, creatures of change and constancy."   Timing can be everything!  I know that every child of ours was born with a spirit unlike any other spirit and time does shape their character but nothing can extinguish that uniqueness that is theirs.
Dad's cut on his leg was very nasty and deep.  He was up in the night and I went into the bathroom where there was blood all over the floor.  Early in the morning he went to the Emergency where they gave him a tetanus shot and bandaged it up real good.  We were both tired after a long wait and not a good night.  This cut is serious because of dad's poor circulation and will take a long time to heal.
But with prayer there is hope!

I spent the time with Robbie, while dad was at the Delta emergency, but the timing was not good because she was extremely tired.
 I just sat quietly with her and prayed.

There are many ways to re-act to difficulties and problems that have to be faced and cannot be changed in the time we would like.  But we try to be hopeful and learn to cope.  I just happened to read about "active surrender", which is praying for help but leaves the circumstances in God's hands while doing all you can yourself.

We were watching a D.V.D. called "Collision" where it shows a group of people starting out on an ordinary day and all ending up in a massive collision on the freeway.  In trying to find out what had started it they found it had been a wasp in the car that the man was hitting and lost control.  Afterwards the lives of everyone was changed.

So here we are us poor little human beings carrying on as if we were in control of our lives.

Jesus asked the blind beggar "What do you want me to do for you?  Strange question?  If he is healed his whole life will be changed and he will not be just a beggar anymore.  We do not always know what is best for us.

Sometimes healing is in the plans for our lives and both surrendering and accepting help me to be positive while I wait for the timing to change.

           "My dictionary tells me "hope" means to cherish a desire with anticapation

We all have our bad days when our timing seems off.  Like dad climbing his rocks!  His cut was bleeding a bit again last night so we will need to get more of the right babdages.

4 comments:

Shandel said...

Sending good thoughts and healing love to Grampa. I hope his cut heals well. Poor guy, not fun to injure ourselves. Actually being injured is something i fear! i have a few activities that hold me back from trying as i am very afraid i could injure myself.
I hope you guys both have a lovely restful weekend.
xo

nancy-Lou said...

OH my goodness, that is no fun for Larry...take care Larry, I hope the cut heals quickly for you. That is good advice Beth...turn your problems over to God...he always knows what is best for us...not necessarily what we think is best!Love Nancy

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your le Dad.I thought we would have Hockey by Christmas , but looks like the talks have stalled again.Last early shift tomorrow, Watch Tiger Woods golf at the australian Open.
Ken

beth bennett said...

Dad is watching it.

love mom