Saturday, December 29, 2012

HEALING

 

    Sometimes life can be like trying to cross over a rushing stream on just the stepping stones.
Talked to Uncle Brian today, after several missed calls  and was very upset to hear Auntie Traudl has breast cancer. She has had an operation to remove the lump and will get the results next Wed. as to whether it has spread.  They have had to drive from Invermere to Cranbrook nearly 2 hours in very bad snow conditions.  They had to go in several times to have the different cat-scans etc.  As soon as it was discovered they got her right into hospital.   Traudel has a wonderful sense of humor and a fighting spirit so I am very hopeful that she will come through this, together with Brians's love and support. 

She will be having radiation treatment in Kelowna in January.  Before this she had been having some hip and knee pain and it finally seem to be getting better but now this.  Uncle Brian is very concerned about her and on the phone today I prayed for him when it is always him praying for me and our family.

I am praying that their faith will be strengthened and new hope born within them as God's love surrounds them.  Pray that as they travel they will be kept safe and that a miracle of healing will bring this promise true for them.

"For I will restore health unto thee..."
saith the Lord.
Jeremiah 30:17

I now that it is important to be positive but   first I am processing all the negative thoughts that I am feeling more than thinking.

I know that I am grateful for all of us and the good times  that we have enjoyed together.  I look forward to future visit with them.

I light a candle like we do at church for Traudl and Brian.  May the light of this candle be an inspiration for my prayer.  I pray for renewing of their faith and hope in the healing of God's love.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Sorry to hear about Traudl. Do you think you will go out to see them any time soon? Sandra

beth bennett said...

I was thinking if dad felt up to it we could meet them in Kelowna while they are going through treatment. Waiting for news,
love mom

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your sister-in-law Traudl.l Would you like her to be added to our church prayer list? What a miserable experience you had making your way up a steep and slippery slope, but you made it! Sometimes l think we all get on slippery slopes of one kind or another. Love Jane

beth bennett said...

Yes Jane I would like them to be on our prayer lists.
Yes there are many slippery slopes.
love beth