Tuesday, January 30, 2018

ADVENTURE

Outside or inside every step is an adventure because I have to be so careful and it is easy to trip.

I was planning to go to the eye doctor with dad but he cannot find his wallet so I decided to stay home and look for it again.  Boy I sure looked.  Every pocket, every drawer, everywhere I could think of.  I was completely baffled when I saw his new bath robe hanging on the back of the bathroom door.  Sure enough it was in there.

Dad seems to be feeling better taking his Metamucil and I really think he is feeling a lot better.  Less feet pain.  He walked around in a Second Hand Store in White Rock and then we drove to Langley and walked several blocks to see a room.  Right now he is not in pain!

He bought me some new bread.  It is very heavy and filling.  I am giving it a try.

So to-morrow the fellows are coming to clean our ducks, heating ducts, and one lady is coming to bring us lunch and another supper.  Crazy adventures with comings and goings.
A very nice entrance to the Seniors Home.  We saw the one bedroom one and it was a little bigger than we expected.  It had a fire place and a balcony.  Every one seemed happy and friendly.  Our friend Dreena gives painting classes thereand they plan to move in several years from now.

I told dad that I would go for a short walk when he left because I want to be honest.  It is the only time I take big steps.  It was cold but sunny.

Our adventures will continue.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks nice !
The kids got over their worries of first day of school . Both their teachers were off with injuries. Not good not sure when they are back. In the meantime they have substitute teachers. . Canucks game just started. The last game they played was the worst game in years. I hope the coach kicked their butts.
Ken

nancy-Lou said...

First day of school in the school year for Ken's kids? What grades are they in? Isnt it funny how we always worried about that first day of school? I remember going to junior high and almost all the kids in grade 7 8 and 9 I didn't know. It was a large school. Very different than grade school where we were all friends.

Now that is one impressive entrance to the suites. Are you looking at a place that includes meals with your suites? Carl's cousins have that and they really like it. A fireplace would sure be nice and a balcony where you could have some flowers.

I am applying for senior's suites in Selkirk and Winnipeg because there are long waiting lists for the ones that are really nice. some have 5 year waiting lists. They don't have meals included and aren't fancy...but nice.

We had a mini blizzard with quite a bit of snow today. it was a good day to stay home. I have to go into Winnipeg to see my lawyer on Thursday. He is also a friend which sure help...cause those legal things can make one nervous! My Father was a lawyer. He was born in Belfast Ireland of Scots Irish descent. He went to school there, where they were more advanced...when he immigrated to Winnipeg with his parents he went right into university at age 14. Graduated from law at age 18 but couldn't be called to the bar until age 21. times were different in those days. Gosh I miss him so much and he has been gone since I was 33. That is 40 years ago.

Max and Bella love the new snow and they ran around and chased each other standing up to wrestle too. but a big gust of swirling snow came and I could hardly see them and they bolted for the house...the wind has changed to the north and it is getting really cold.

that wallet seems to go missing a lot these days. I think you should tie 'silly strings' on to it so Larry can wear his wallet like we used to wear out mittens! haha

It is really good to hear you are getting out and going places and walking too Beth. You are coming along so well in your recovery,

I was glad to hear that Metamucil is helping Larry....you do feel a lot better when you are regular and not all bunged up. It really made a difference to Carl too. He is still grouchy a lot of the time, but that is just him!

Have a lovely evening,

Love,Nancy



Steady-as-rain said...

Good you found the missing wallet.

These days I am mostly worried about remembering all these silly passwords.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Jasmine grade 3
Matthew grade 4 .

Ken

nancy-Lou said...

Ken, your kids are older than I thought! They are growing up quickly aren't they?

I really enjoy seeing pictures of them. Don't know if you can post them here....but I wish them well in the new school year!

thank-you,
Nancy

beth bennett said...

When Ken arrives we can transfer pictures.

What a family background you have Nancy!

Busy day.

love Beth