Wednesday, January 17, 2018

WAITING

Waiting for sunshine but a blustery wind came and nearly knocked dad off his feet coming out of the store.

Waiting to hear news of baby Astrid and praying she feels better.

Waiting to hear the Nurse Next Door is next door but the phone call was she was sick and unable to come.

Waiting for a visit from Pat and John.  They come in with a package that was left on our front doorstep.  A exquisite shawl knitted by a prayer group at the church sent with healing thoughts and prayers.  Around my shoulders as I type right now.  It is such a blessing to know people care and keep me in their hears and prayers!

Waiting for our journey to-morrow to see the surgeon and see what secrets the x-ray reveals.  I must confess that I have been untruthful sayinf I am not putting weight on the leg.  I have felt confident that as long as I am not in pain I can walk a little bit.

I was forced to confess when Sandra came and saw my walker on the other side of the room from where I was sitting.  She was very annoyed.

Waiting to throw my walker out the window and journey downstairs once again!

Waiting to make future plans as we are betwixt and between times right now.

Waiting for answers to all our prayers as we prepare for a new future when ever the time is right.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you get good news when you see the surgeon tomorrow. Sending healing thoughts your way. Germaine

Anonymous said...

Great news I have my passport application approved I should receive passport two weeks . I spoke to the guy I have forgotten to include my drivers license photocopy my drivers license but he was nice enough to prove my application anyway and send the application to counsel Australia So anyway that is great news and a load off my mind.
Ken

Sandra said...

Randy and I will be there to end the waiting for at least part of your list.

Maybe we will manage to avoid a downpour when we head out.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Thanks Germaine I know you know all about health problems.

Great news Ken. We will be in touch soon.

Thanks Randy and Sandra. You are an awesome pair!

Raining right now but should clear up.

Ready for the ride of my life!

Love mom

Steady-as-rain said...

I am hoping good news today.

I am thinking of going back to the medical clinic tomorrow.

Thanks to Randy and Sandra for taking you.

I am perplexed at the Nurse-Next-Door situation. Maybe we need to deal with another firm? But this situation confirms me in the view that for the next months/years some sort of minimum home care support is very much needed, even after your leg gets better. And this is just a much if not more in regard to Dad as to you.

And company on any and all walks.

And company on any and all walks.

And company on any and all walks.

Love,

Rick

nancy-Lou said...

I have to agree with Rick! All you have to do is talk to your doctor about homecare and he will refer you to them. there will be a home visit first to ascertain what your needs are and they will come in daily, if need be.
The problem with relying on family is they feel obligated, but they have their own personal life to live as well. So they get burned out.

I have seen that happen in our family and finally the relative agreed and once she got used to it she was so happy to have them come in and cook, do some shopping and laundry and light house keeping, even help with personal care such as showers and baths. The cups of tea and chats helped a lot too, it brightened her day. She became quite attached to a couple of the workers. They were very caring.

Homecare doesn't cost anything here in Manitoba.

SOOO forgive me, if I have overstepped, but knowing from personal experience how difficult these things are, I hope you won't mind me saying what I did.

Well I got that off my chest! whew.

I am looking forward to good news re your hip Beth! Hopefully you are on the mend. But you need to be careful.

We had a long and tiring 8 hours away from home and driving in freezing rain on slippery highways. The city was slippery too and one had to be extra cautious going around corners.
BUT Carl had his ultrasound of the aneurysm so we can scratch that one off the list. Hopefully it hasn't grown and he won't need surgery for a while. He has so many medical problems. I can see the day coming when we will need homecare too.

They are saying the temperature is going to be plus 6 tomorrow in the city...now that would be a record. It won't get that warm here...I wish it would just stay cold and we wouldn't have all this ice and melting.

I am off to make a supply list for the workshop on Saturday. One of my adult students is an actuary and very precise regarding these things. He is the vice president of one of the largest insurance companies and a very nice fellow indeed! Also a good artist!

Have a good sleep,
Love to you both,
Nancy




beth bennett said...

Good news I am healing!