Tuesday, January 23, 2018

TOUGH COOKIE

I started out the day decided I would be a tough cookie and take charge of what dad is eating.
The problem Sandra explain when she dropped by he was not getting enough roughage.  He had an egg and toast for breakfast, beef broth for lunch, a muffin and a boast for tea.   and a salmon sandwich for supper.

I had some healthy salad Cathy and Glen brought over   We had a good long visit with them.  Cathy brought a note from Ava saying how important we are to them.  Just what we needed to hear.  Feeling sad about several things and worried about dad and Rick.

This tough cookie completely crumbled when dad could not find his wallet.  He is always suspicious of me so I have to wear myself out trying to find it. 

He found it in a pair of old pants her rarely used and was not wearing lately that we had remembered/
Sandra told us a story about finding her car starter thing lying near there mail box where she had stopped to pick up her mail.  Think she advised and dad did.

Worried about Rick and his strange dreams.  It may be codeine.

It can re-act on some people.

I mustget to bed or I will crumble into nothing!

3 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

you are one Tough Cookie, Beth for all you have been through. And you keep on 'chugging". Good for you! I am amazed at how quickly you have recovered from you fall and the break in the hip.

I was wondering if Larry has diverticulitis? Carl has to follow as special diet and it has been challenging to stick to it. He has bran buds with his morning cereal and we try to get lots of roughage in his diet. But some days he spends the day in the bathroom which makes it hard to go out. Other days he has bad stomach pains.
BUT we found out about Metamucil, which you can buy at the drugstore and you mix it with juice and drink it in the morning. It has made a big difference in his quality of life.
I hope this will help Larry too.

The last few days have been dreary, much like your west coast weather only a little colder. Little wind, fog and freezing rain have made for poor driving conditions once again. It is a good thing we don't have an appointment today. Lots of cars in the ditches. Tomorrow Carl has an eye test at the hospital. So we will be on the road, again.

Today is a bright sunny day and it is cooler. Much nicer out.

I was sorry to read that Rick is not well. that darned flu really has serious secondary infections. that is what happened to me and I had to go on a strong course of antibiotics. I hope he is under doctors care and feels better soon. We always worry about our adult "kids" don't we?

I am working on some art classes and the next workshop in February. Updating my students list and planning what I am going to teach. I learned how to do lesson plans when I was a teacher at school and it has been so useful to me over the years.

Beth have you read Historical novels about the kings and queens of England? I am entranced by them and have read quite a few. My favourite author is Philippa Gregory, and I have read most of her books. Now I am reading one about the princes in the tower...the title is The King's Grace by Anne Easter Smith. I just started it last night, but I do like the way her writing flows and it isn't written in the first person ( which I don't really care for.)

What are you reading currently, Beth?

I like to buy books from the used book store...that way I can read the at my leisure and have them to read again if I want to later. I have an e-reader but I have to purchase books for it. Not sure if the library charges you for them or not...must look into that. I prefer the feel of the book anyway.

Wishing you a wonderful day,

Love nancy

Sandra said...

I hope today is a take it easy day for you mom..your leg may have healed well up to this point but that does not mean you can ignore the pain when you have over done it.

Randy is back at work today finally but he thinks he will be off again tomorrow. It is frustrating but just part of the job and nothing to be done about it.

I am having to close off my first USA payroll and trying to understand the forms I have to submit has kept me reading on the internet all morning. I need a break so I think I will work on some spread sheets instead, I like doing that.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

You two have an challenging life .

I guess mine is in a different way.

Too tired to blog yesterday.

Love mom