Monday, January 22, 2018

CHEER

A very ordinary day that makes life seem a little dull.

Then a parcel arrived from Trinidad from Ranu and Lucas.  Yes, we miss them too.  A bright cheerful shirt for dad and a stylist top for me.  So very kind of them

Then a very confident Kim arrived in her beautiful car.  Dad even got to drive it.  I was going to sit in the back seat but they took off so quickly I did not have time to grab a coat.

Kim cheered us up with her visit and happy spirit.

Where does one find the courage and strength to cope with chronic pain?

Pain drains the cheerfulness out of our souls and effects us physically and emotionally

Prayer has been for me a source of comfort and strength.  I share my pain with the One who comforts each one of His children.

The One who in some mysterious way cheers me on.

Dear God,
I need to know you are with me.
I long to feel your presence especially when I am in pain.
I am thankful that I have found Your strength in the past to over come
and I will continue to trust in Your love for me.

I pray for your dad having another painful attack.

Watch over him Lord and all my loved ones.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Is your pain level increasing, or is it just dad who is having a hard time?

Frustrated with my shoulder and need to start looking at the next phase of treatment.

So Kimberley is doing much better with her car?

I will drop by with eggs on my way home today.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

So sorry to hear about the pain....I was wondering the same thing as Sandra. If it was you or Larry or both of you who were suffering with pain...probably both. It is hard when one gets older and we have all these medical things wrong.
I always keep you in my prayers for relief of pain and better health. Larry may have to take stronger pain meds to manage the bad pain he has. Has he talked to the doctor about that?

Doesn't Kim look cute in her new car...it even has a sun roof...pretty snazzy!
Is this her last year at university? is she taking fine arts or education or perhaps an education degree after her fine arts degree? A lot of students do that in Manitoba. Then teach arts at schools.

It is so good to hear that you can get around now...you must be walking pretty well and living back downstairs to which I am sure both you and Larry are thankful for!

My son is just installing a new program on my tv so I can watch movies. He is a whiz when it comes to computers. He does a lot around the house too, fixing things that needed to be fixed for along time. We are so lucky to have him here with us.

I had another nice walk with my doggies today. it is warm enough for them to get out and walk. We saw the grey fox and sadly he has mange and was almost bald...his tail is just a long stick. I hate mange and the suffering is causes the wildlife. One has to be careful that our dogs don't stop and sniff fur that has dropped of or they can catch the mites that cause mange. I know of a couple of dogs who did catch it and it is hard to get rid of. lots of baths in some kind of medication.

Are you having another storm? I saw there was a storm moving into Seattle.

We are expecting some snow on Friday and again on Tuesday. I hope the roads are ok to go and do our usual monthly shopping on Monday.

Are the eggs Sandra brings you free range eggs? that is what I buy and they are so good.

I hope Sandra's shoulder responds to treatments. I wonder if she has tried acupuncture?

Well I am off to try out my new program on my tv....have a good evening and a sleep without pain.

Love to you both,
Nancy

beth bennett said...

No storm.

I am worried about dad's chronic pain
no doctor he says.

Kim is taing fine arts and wants to teach.

Tired so off o bbed.Love beth