Sunday, January 21, 2018

WINDY AND WILD

Yes the wind was extremely loud but I never thought the power would go off.

I got up early to make a cup of coffee as our gas stove worked after I found something to light it with.

Dad had a bit of a sleep in but was up when our neighbor Todd arrived with tea and muffins from Starbucks.  What a delightful surprise.  He stayed and had a good chat with us.

I have to remind myself that it is Sunday.  I miss going to church as it is one of the ways I look at life in a different perspective.  Over the years I have had to rethink my early beliefs but this has strengthened my faith as it becomes what I believe and what I value.

I was so pleased to go to the library with Sandra and even found some of my favorite authors waiting for me on display.  Hard to believe I had to give her directions as she does not travel these streets.

I am learning from my pain.  I am learning that where there is pain there is life.  I feel pain when I try to walk too much and when I put the wrong foot forward.  I have to concentrate on each step.  By night time I feel tired but happy.

Dad is doing some feet exercises which I think is good.  He sat out on the front porch in the cold sunshine for awhile.

I am thankful that my faith does not demand stoicism but only to keep trusting and resting in God's love expressed through family and friends.  Amen!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Is that an old picture or did Craig and Leah drop by?

Started on our income tax when I got home. So far it shows me having to pay and Randy is getting money back.

We had bought new food for Peanut on Saturday and she was up at 1am having to go to the bathroom.

She hates her bland dog food so I try and mix it up but I guess just like dad, she has to stick to her diet or she pays the price.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

We heard you had a big storm out at the coast and Mount Washington received a ton of snow.
It is a good thing you have a gas stove and can make coffee and food then you have no power.

We use the BBQ. it has an element on it as well as a grill and it comes in very handy.
We don't lose power as often and for as long as when we first moved out here 42 years ago. sometimes the wind storms were so strong they blew over many trees and we could be without power for three days. it is a good thing we have a power plant to keep the fridge and freezer cold as well as give us some power for a few things.

How wonderful it must be for you to be able to get around better now. That was good news from your doctor!

Did Leah and the baby Astrid have the flu? I sure hope not...it is really bad. One of our friends and neighbours passed away yesterday from the flu. she was 85 and had a bad heart. so sad for the family. There are 12 children. Her family have lived in Victoria Beach for over a 100 years....she is the third generation.

I had an excellent art class on Saturday...all adults. One who hadn't painted before and one who hadn't painted in watercolour...plus others who were regular students of mine.
The caretaker didn't come to let us in the building so I had to run around and rustle up someone with a key and we were late starting...but it all turned our well.

I hope Peanut is doing well, Sandra. How old is she? Isn't it hard when they have to have a special diet and it isn't something they like? My two Schnoodles will be 10 on the 26th. They both have arthritis now and are slowing down. We don't walk as far and we don't go for walks in the bitter cold. They are such a bonded pair and do everything together. the male is Max and the female is Bella...grey and apricot.

Have a lovely evening Beth, hope you sleep well,

Love Nancy

beth bennett said...

Sandra that is a picture of our neighbor Todd
who brought over tea and muffins in the dark and cold morning.

Yes Leah and Astrid where both sick but betting better,
Rick is still battling sickness.

Hoping and praying for a complete recovery for him and for me.

I saw the beautiful pictures your ladies painted Nancy.

What a joy to teach others!

Love mom