Saturday, January 27, 2018

THRESHOLDS OF LIGHT

Yes the future is unknown to any of us but light will break through all of our darkness.
Yes it can be beautiful with new opportunities, new friends and new views.

Yes, I did go for a walk around the block.  The walker is just something I trip over.  It seemed like it was up hill all the way but to-morrow I will go twice.  Much less pain!

Yes Eve came over for a visit and made us lunch using the soup we have here.  She also brought some home made tomato soup.  I am so thankful for the community of Colrook which is even more important to help us as we age.  What excellent cooks!

Yes, age can have its fearful moments especially when one is not well.
We need listening ears and caring family and friends.

Yes, even Jesus suffered, first he had to surrender, to the will of His Father in Heaven.

While God does bring good out our suffering it is not because He believes suffering is good for anyone.  He takes our sounded souls and minds and shines the light of truth upon us to create renewed hope and faith and healing.

Each of us possess the power to overcome
or to endure chronic pain that takes away our feeling of control.

Yes prayer will first take us to a place of asking forgiveness
and a place os surrender.

"When I am lost help me God
when I am hurt shelter me in Your loving Presence.
May I always have the courage to choose life and keep fighting!

2 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Thresholds of Light... a nice topic title for your blog, Beth. it reminds me of the time I painted shafts of sunlight shining through clouds onto Lake Winnipeg and when I had the painting at a show a little boy led his Mother over to my display and said, " Look Mommy, the lights of heaven". It touched me deeply...oh from the mouths of babes!

WOW...that is amazing that you walked around the block. I hope you are ok going alone...maybe it is a good idea to have someone go with you? You are healing up very well.

How nice of the church member to come and cook and bring meals for you. That is the part of church that I miss...is the people.

This weekend is the annual Ladies Bonspiel at the curling rink. They had to dress up as bridesmaids....there were so many funny costumes...all kinds of fancy dresses from satan and bright colours to Lil Abner styles. It always is a fun time. They put on skits for the supper on Saturday night and they are so funny. The men are the servers...

I am having a lot of pain lately with the poly myaglgia rheumatica. It can be debilitating and makes it hard for me to plan classes and workshops...but I will soldier on. I have to!I am very thankful our son is living with us and he is a big help. He will drive tomorrow when we go to Winnipeg. The PMR affects my vision, which is blurred.. also gives me migraines with flashing lights called auras. So I don't want to drive.

The cold weather is back, with overnight lows -25 and today the high was -21. We are going to have a snowstorm called an Alberta Clipper some through on Tuesday which is a temporary warm up...one day. After that it is two solid weeks of -30's with highs of -20. But the good news is.....each day takes us closer to spring. YES! and the longer days make it nicer.

We are watching the Tournament of Hearts Ladies Canadian Curling championships. they will be on all week. Pretty soon the Olympics start and we really enjoy them..especially the winter ones. Do you and Larry watch them too?

I wish you both a lovely Sunday and hope you have some meals delivered so you can just take things easy!

Love to you both,
Nancy





beth bennett said...

Actually Nancy we drove to Sandra and Randy's house
for a delicious home cooked meal.

Good to get together even to share our worries.

Love Beth