Thursday, January 25, 2018

LMITS


Yes, our diet is becoming limited especially no fats and lots of uncooked vegetables, which seem better than the cooked ones.  Kim has brought these with some vegetable   She is like a breath of fresh air.

All our visitors are!

Our friend from church brought spit pea soup which we just finished before Kim arrive...
The time flys when you talk to old friends, catching up on their lives and laughing about the past.

My church experiences has had no limits I have enjoyed both the exhilarating times and also even a few downers.  We are all very human and can learn from it all.  At one time I was afraid to speak at a Baptist Bible study as they knew so much more than I did.  They became good friends who loved me just as shy little me!

At this moment in time we cannot escape the limitations that are now a part of our daily lives.

These limitations cause us to wonder about the future but prayer will help me face the future with confidence and hopefulness.

"Teach me Lord to reach out for your power and energy to guide my way"

Off to see my doctor today  Which vegetable should I chew on first?

"To understand God and His Wok in our lives we need to recognize and deal with our limits our naivete and the complexity of human suffering."  Kelly M. Kapic

1 comment:

nancy-Lou said...

Boy oh boy, don't those veggies look good! I love fresh veggies but my husband doesn't have many teeth now and he was a difficult time chewing them...but he still tries! They go really good with a dip...often just a small bowl of salad dressing, like a dill one. mmmmmmm now I am going to have to make some.

Some fats are necessary for our bodies and they are so called 'good' fats, like olive oil. I use it for cooking for most things, but not eggs. I don't care for olives, but like olive oil.
I always have used butter and now they are saying it is good for us, contrary to the days of bad butter. margarine in contrast is full of bad things.

How was your doctor appointment Beth? How is your hip? Do you still have pain? Do you need to walk with a cane?

I am busy working on some workshops...one a month, a series of 5. Also going to offer an 8 week series of classes for beginners starting next month. Just working on selecting paintings to offer for classes.
It is always so exciting to be teaching art or music. I feel so much more 'alive' and can understand how important it is for us seniors to be involved in things.

I am going to start longer walks today with our son who is living with us right now. I go for walks with our dogs, but they cannot walk far in the cold weather. I always walked a couple of kilometers a day...and want to get back to that. It may be very slippery because we have had a lot of freezing rain yesterday and especially today. they say the highways are like a curling rink. Good thing we can stay home!

I wish you a good day,

Love, Nancy