Thursday, January 18, 2018

POWERFUL

A long wait st the Patterson Center for results of the x-ray.

I was very fortunate to have Randy's powerful shoulders to lean on as I carefully took my first steps down the stairs.  My weaker leg first because the stronger more powerful leg could bend and follow
a very slow process.  He did a great job of pushing me in the wheel chair and cheerfully taking a back seat as Sandra drove to the Clinic.

I was fortunate to have Sandra go with me to my visit with the doctor.  We could see the x-ray but thought we could see it was not mended.  We were not looking at the right place at all and even the doctor had to look at another screen to see where the fracture actually was.  Fortunately it was not a tiny bit bigger as it would have meant an operation.  I had been confident but I started to get worried.
What if I had caused damage and I sure did not want an operation.

My relief was powerful when the doctor said it was healing and I could continue to walk a little bit each day.  I have to take responsibility for my healing and not over do things.

Doubt is a powerful enemy!

Fear is a powerful adversary!

Faith grounded in love is my protection.

Came home to phone calls from Ken, Tahsha, Kim and Carol and Rick and  friends.

Everytime one person phoned there would be beeping on the line some one else was phoning, untilI realized my phone was dying.

There is amazing power in out relationships especially in the family.  I am thankful for the love that accepts me just as I am!

Love is an amazing powerful healing touch that renews and strengthens.






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear you are healing and can start moving around. You are very wise and will remember to go slow, which is difficult to do but you can do it. I love your words “Love is an amazing powerful healing touch...”. Thinking of you, Germaine.

Sandra said...

A very exciting day. I hope you did not overtire your self though and did not walk to the park or anything crazy...wait till today to do that : )

Though from the sounds of it the only thing getting over worked would have been your throat from talking on the phone.

How did dad's appointment go?

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Dad's appointment went well. a good talk.
All is fine.
Another painful evening.
We have to put some thought into his pain.

Ken off to a holiday to the Coast.

Rick's lungs are filling up again so he is at the clinic at 7 this morning.

Leah has a miserable cold.

Exhausting time for that little family.

Prayers for all the above@

Love mom



Steady-as-rain said...

Thank goodness for Randy's help. A really good fellow.

Maybe time to focus on Dad's ailments and pain, I think.

Doctor said I don't have have pneumonia. Gave me a prescription for cough medicine with codeine. I am feeling rather poorly today. Just going to rest over the weekend.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Yes Rick I agree that we need to find some thing to ease dad's pain.

He feels that nothing will help which is discouraging.

My friend who visited today told him some thing she uses and it helps with painful feet.

Keep trying and
gging the doctor but until something helps he can now use my wheel chair!

Lovemom