Sunday, January 28, 2018

WARMTH


Missey is enjoying her favorite spot lying right in front of the fire to enjoy the warmth.

It was a wet drizzly day but it did us good to go for a drive.  We enjoyed our dinner in the nook in the kitchen.  The tale was set all beautiful as usual.  Others had been invited but unable to attend.

Mary joined us by Skye with two excited but tired children after a ween-end away with friends.


Tasha trying to make plans for her move in the next few weeks.

Leah not well with an ear infection but the babies are happy.

I am doing well but did not walk in the rain.

I spent time in prayer thinking about my family.  I do not want any of them to worry about me or about dad.  We both have to learn to make adjustments in what we can or cannot do. Dad did a bit of shopping so we have all we need.

I like the thought that prayer can take us into a safe and warm place
bigger even than our imagination.

4 comments:

Carol said...

I miss dinner at Sandra's!

Where is Tasha moving to?

Sandra said...

I guess like any case, worry can be some what mitigated by lots of good communication.
While you and dad have had many years of not having to bother anyone with your plans, they were yours and yours alone to make, things change as you get older.

I guess what all of us adult children need to hear is that you see the same issues as we do and you are not just pretending that they are not there.

Hearing dad say he trusts me made a huge change in my mind, really allows me to trust him (and you) in your decisions. Does not mean I will not keep pushing for my agenda, but I know you understand why I am doing it and when you disagree I hope I will be gracious enough to not make your burden greater by arguing.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Doesn't that fireplace look inviting. It looks like a real one, not gas. They are so nice aren't they? Missy sure knows where to go.

How nice for you to go for a drive and have dinner at Sandra and Randy;s house. they must live close by.

I know exactly what you are going though Beth and Larry because we too, are facing changes. And changes are hard for us old folks who are set in our ways...but sometimes they are necessary. As much as we like living in our home, we may have to sell and move to the city. Don't want to...but being practical and realizin we to give up some control of things to our adult kids is important. they love us and have our best interests at heart.

Just heard that our son. Mark's girlfriend has cooked us supper...brings tears to my eyes on a tough day. We truly are blessed. Mark has been single all his life...he had a relationship with a gal and has a lovely daughter but they never lived together. At age 54 shelley came into his life and she is absolutely the most caring and loving person. he is so blessed and so are we. it is a true miracle.

Sooo our son Bob, will bring supper over. he is the son who lives with us.

I hope you both can make the changes you need to and always keep you in my prayers...

Love to you both,
nancy

beth bennett said...

I just know Tasha has sold her house and renting a town house in the same area so Justice will continue to go to the same school.
A stressful time for all concerned especially with a dog and a need for temporary housing during the time when her new place is available.
Not surprising she was unable to make it to Sandra's.

We also enjoy our visits with Sandra and Randy
Peanut and Missy.

Love mom