Friday, January 26, 2018

BETTER AND BETTER

Lots of big puddles around with more rain forecast.  This is at the doctor's office in White Rock.

Had a good visit on Thursday.  The doctor is pleased but when he asked me to walk told me I must take big steps.  This takes an effort that will result in back pain if I just shuffle along.  I found that to be very true when I woke up this morning with so much back pain I could not sit or stand or move.

To get better I went back to bed and felt much better and was able to enjoy a visit from a friend.  She was the kind of friend who ignores the mess and can make me laugh.

She is going to come and make us lunch tomorrow.  There is a lot of food  being dropped off.  Soup salad desert etc.  The frig. is full and overflowing right now.  Too bad I do not feel quite up to having a party.

I know I am getting better because I notice the dust gathering on the furniture.

Dad dropped off some used stuff to the Salvation Army and picked up a couple of shirts.  He wanted something not as warm as a sweater.

We had a visit from Pat and John who had taken advantage of the sunny afternoon and went walking in the Watershed Park.

I am looking forward to doing a short walk in the first sunny break in the next few days.

Life can seem unfair at times but hope springs eternal.  I believe that we can create our own hope that sees the good in the knowledge that there will be better days ahead!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Big bold steps and strides as you get back to your regular life.

I have not looked at the weather forecast but hopefully the sun pokes out.

Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

I really hope you will not go alone on your short walk. I think walking is a good thing, and I know you love it. But you need to have someone go with you.

Although I have said this before, I am slowly getting better physically with the new antibiotics. But I seem to be having mental confusion or depression, or whatever it is.
This all seems so odd, as Christmas Day was a lovely day and I felt good in all ways, and now I don't. Don't understand it.

Very sad news about Mary and Michael-John.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Rick I can relate to that and it is scary.

Taking medication can have side affects.

I am glad you made it down when you did.

We both need sunshine and fresh air.

Love Mom