Saturday, September 8, 2018

APPRECIATION


                                I appreciate  the fall colors. I did not plant these sunflowers but will next year.

                   Dad and I certainly appreciate all the wonderful things are family does for us both.

Today we appreciated Carol dropping in for a visit and an offer to take us shopping.  We did not really need anything but I know you often see things you like.  Very kind.  Meanwhile Sandra was out golfing.  A hole in one maybe?  Randy is with to keep her in line/

Dad drove me to the Seniors Home yesterday where Natalie the activity worker greeted me at the door with words of appreciation.  I felt bad because it had been several weeks but she said come when I can as like does not always allow us to do what we planned.

Dad and I have done a lot of visit together over the past years.  Each person you visit calls forth a new way to see life and to appreciate how another person may be feeling.  We have seen a lot of sadness.

I know how lonely it can be in hospital and how sad and fragile I feel.  I visit with Joan who has many complaints and I feel I am there to just listen and share some of my experiences.  She appreciates my listening.

I also have a talk with Marian whose legs are wrapped in bandages but she keeps busy doing puzzles and knitting.  She also volunteers at their little thrift store.  I must ask her what is her secret.

I am able to get them laughing before I leave so it makes it worthwhile.

Our connections with each other are so important.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

We had a pretty good day golfing, the rain just started when we were on the second hole. I had some pretty good shots and Randy did as well once he got his slice under control.

I have been invited to the 40th reunion for the Tsawwassen Grads. I said yes as I think I need to force my self to do things, but am pretty uncomfortable knowing my memory is so bad and will not recognize anyone.

Waiting to hear still if Mary's van is going to be written off.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Good for you Sandra. Maybe you will take up golfing.

I felt the same going to Kim and Hamlet's party.

I did not know Mary's van was so badly damaged.

Phoned Stephen talked to Shawna and he is doing better.

Love mom