Sunday, September 30, 2018

RAINDROPS

I wake up to the gentle sound of raindrops on the window.  I am happy we went to the peace garden on a sunny day.

Yesterday was our 62nd wedding anniversary.  We were married in Regina where I was living at the time on a lovely sunny day.  We left that evening to fly to rainy B.C.  It was a big adjustment for me to get used to foggy rainy days.

Yesterday we felt a little sad as neither one of us felt like going out.  We had planned to buy each other presents and dad very much wanted to buy me something new.

Our love has weathered many storms and disappointments and disagreements but is now stronger than ever.  Love is the energy that heals all wounds when we forgive and forget! 

One of the best gift is the words we speak to one another and dad's words on my blog touched me deeply.  Yes words spoke from the heart have great meaning and help us to embrace all of life.

Raindrops and sunshine are both to be embraced with thankfulness.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Well, hopefully all of this resting will soon pay off and you will get some energy back soon.

Another day doing homework. Happy for the rain and Randy being at work so I have no distractions.

Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

Sorry I didn't phone regarding your anniversary. I wasn't feeling too well, so spent most of the weekend on the sofa watching TV. I miss Heartbeat but it will be nice to start watching from the very beginning next month when they go back to season 1!

It is nice that the doctor has given you special access. I wish I had that!

I am supposed to be flying out to Saskatoon later this month. The whole thing might get cancelled if I don't start feeling somewhat better.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Rick that is too bad.
I wish we knew something to suggest.
We were going to phone you.
We remember the time we went out for breakfast
to celebrate our anniversary with you.

Do you think you should try the anti-depression?

Maybe until they can find out more.

This has been a tough time or you.

Sending our love.
Do not give up.

Love mom and dad.

Shandel said...

Happy anniversary to you and Grandpa. Xoxo