Wednesday, September 5, 2018

LIVING IT UP

Yes we went down to the beach at White Rock as we want to live like there is not to-morrow while we can.  The trouble was dad could not walk very far and an hour ticket does not last that long.

I had a salad and dad had a salmon burger. and both were excellent.

Yes, do what you can while you can.  I am thinking old age is a miracle because I have survived many mistakes to get this far.  I am learning to live with my wrinkles, my slow walking which even when I walk fast every one passes me, my poor memory and my tiredness.but none of this is enough to make me want to stop enjoying life.

I was living it up later today when I was invited to tea with my friend Joann.  She was a new friend of Joann's who wanted to meet some other new people in the neighborhood.  She prepare a lovely lunch for us but unfortunately I could not eat the sandwiches and special food she had prepared.  All of it had lots of gluten and I had to decline.  Instead I was given some fruit which would be better for me anyway.

Our dining out continued as we were invited to Carol and Panteli's for supper.  They had an abundance of peppers they were using up so we were glad to help.  

"As you pass through the years
you will find much calmness in your heart.
It is the gift of age ,
like the colors of the fall
deep and rich
if you just let it happen."
-Chief Dan George.

2 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Good for you both! Living each day fully and doing things that are important. I feel exactly the same...each day is such a blessing for us, at our age. You both look really happy, which makes me happy too.

Isn't that too bad you couldn't eat the lunch Beth. You were wise, knowing what repercussions could happen, to refuse. It is a good thing she had fruit for you. How nice to meet new people.

I really like the quote you used today by Chief Dan George. Very appropriate for us.

I am going to look at a piano tomorrow, that the people are giving away for free. It is one of my adult art students who are giving it away. It is a good make and in very good condition so I think I may keep it for myself...for teaching and playing and give the one I have now to my new piano student. I love my old Heinzman piano, which I have had since I was 6, but it is worn our and need $2,500 work done.

Today is a work at home day...mostly housework and laundry. Hopefully I can go for a walk along the beach later. There is no one on the beaches now after hundreds of people on the beaches all summer. So nice to walk and meditate.

I am going to make peppers for supper one of these days too. I have an abundance of them as well. stuffed with rice and hamburger etc. mmmmm so good.

Have a lovely evening,
Love to you both,
Nancy

beth bennett said...

I think you are a good cook Nancy as well as an artist and musician.

I talked to Scott Ateah at the party but did not get his picture.

It was just as we were leaving.

Love beth