Thursday, September 20, 2018

DEVASTATED

I was very happy when a friend from church who has a beautiful garden  offered to come and trim down a little in my over grown garden.

Dad and I left for his appointment in White Rock.    On the way home I was thinking what a nice surprise it be waiting for me.  I was devastated when I saw how ugly  it looked.  She did a good job and cleaned up all the mess.  I know it will come back looking even more beautiful.


Fortunately she ran out of brown bags and it started to rain.  I phoned and told she certainly had worked very hard and I thanked her for that.  I tried to be enthusiastic but my heart was not really in it.

I still have the other side of the garden she is willing to come and finish but I think I will do it myself.
Dad likes it.

Dad and I had not had a good night.  I was sleeping on a mountain of pillows trying not to cough and dad started to get pain in his back.  He was worried about kidney stones as I was too.  It started to pray for him and found that I was feeling more peaceful.  In the morning he was feeling better and I was very relieved.

When you look into ancient religions of spirituality the one common theme is to surrender and in the process of letting go find transformation.  I am trying.

Yes new growth will come as surely as there is a transforming power working deep within us all.

2 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

The garden will look much better in the Spring. Don't worry. It is good you got somebody a bit more 'ruthless' to do it.

I get to fill up my urine bucket on Sunday and drop it off at the lab on Monday. Interior Health is now developing an application for smart phones for lab reports and all that, so hopefully I'll catch up to you and Dad on that topic soon.

I am back taking my water pills as otherwise my feet get swollen and hot. It also keeps my blood pressure down, which has been creeping upwards lately.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Yes Rick, I know that is true.
I really do not know much about gardening.

I had one of those buckets when I was going through tests in the Van. General hospital.
I was allow to leave the hospital in the afternoon for a few hours.
I remember taking this with me as I wondered through the streets.
No one knew what was in the bag I was carrying.
It is good to be able to get the test results.

Love mom