Sunday, September 9, 2018

CHURCH

Sunday morning finds us getting ready for church.  Today they are having a lunch after church.  Our church is good at two things and they are feeding people with lots of food and also praying for each other.  Also giving to the poor food and clothing.

The sermon was about the woman who came to Jesus begging for her child to be healed.  She was confident he would do this.  I know as a mother I have often prayed for my children to be healed.  Sometimes life seems to take us to the very end of ourselves.

Life is hard when your mind and heart is so full of worry.

Each one of us has been called to endure some suffering either in our bodies or in our souls or in both.  I am drawn to the cross because it is a symbol of love and strength and hope and healing.

There us blue sky in the back ground.

I believe that there is a spirit within us that searches for the light.

The light shines when we turn our hearts to prayer.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

A quieter day for you, just church? I did my school this morning online and then Randy and I drove out to Coquitlam and picked up some golf clubs for me. Someone had bought them for his mother but she never got to use them, brand new and just $75, bag included. Now Randy and I just have to find a course that me being not very good will not make people behind us mad.

Had a skype with Mary and the kids, they seemed a bit blah. Talked to Shawna and she was tired. I think it is Cameron and Shandels anniversary tomorrow, 7 years.

Talked to Mitch and he is moving in with his girlfriend and they are looking for houses to buy in Sherwood Park. They are heading over to Scottland in May. They have decided not to have children so I guess they will do a lot of traveling from the sounds of it.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Sounds like a good day. Sandra.

Yes we had a quiet day.

Off to the doctor to day and will get a lab form.

Good to keep in touch with family.

Love mom