Wednesday, October 3, 2018

CHANGES

This was a great invention  at one time but things certainly have changed.

Some things bring back special memories that will never change what you felt at the time.

The weather has changed very quickly and is very cold.  This is the month where snow is expected in some areas.

I had a good sleep and a brisk walk to help me keep warm.

Dad did not ride his bike in the forest because of the chilly air so there will be no new movies.  Dad has improved a lot in the last few months even though he has had a hormone shot.

We go to the cancer doctor to-morrow and things have improved according to the blood test.


I decided to go visiting and dad volunteered to drive so I am always thankful for that.

On the way I was thinking how nervous I was when I first started visiting many years ago.  I am always aware that the person I am spending time with has an unique story to tell.  I often start with a few simple questions and really make an effort to listen.  Often they are where they are because of some tragic change in their health or there circumstances.  I know how that can feel.

I sometimes feel lost for words when I see the sadness in their eyes as they tell me their story.

I hope to keep visiting for another year unless something changes in my life.
Some changes are for the better.

When I left my friend Joan she tells me again how thankful she is formy visit because she feels so very lonely.  Getting older brings many challenges.  We are growing old together even as we laugh and share a joke or two.



2 comments:

Sandra said...

I like the changes though. I was thinking as I walked to Pilates with the cold air on my cheeks how boring it would be to always be warm and sunny. For the leaves to always be green instead of crunchy under my feet. When the wind blows I have to watch out for the falling acorns and the road is covered in acorn paste from the cars running over them.

I came home early from work today, just had such a busy week and I have a cold that is not so bad to knock me down but just bad enough to be annoying. Figured people were happy to not have to listen to me sneeze and blow my nose all afternoon.

We take our kitten in on Sunday to see if another family wants her. I believe they might have a choice of up to 3 kittens. Did I tell you her name is Mary?

Kimberly says she is OK to watch her if she does not get a home.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Sandra that is a lovely comment.

Yes changes can be good.

Yes we knew her name is Mary.

I am ready for bed now.

Love mom