Saturday, October 13, 2018

FAITHFULNESS

          Every autumn our gardens faithfully produce ripe veg tables of all color and size and shape.
On our way to Carol and Panteli's we drive by fields full of colorful pumpkins.  The stores are full of them, lots to choose, for decoration and for making pies and casseroles/

Faithfulness is important as we shape our lives around what we believe and what we value in life.

Dad has been faithful in following his cancer doctor's orders over the past twelve years.  Now he has written a letter to his doctor asking him to respect his decision not to have the treatment that ruins his quality of life,  Respect is very important to us as we age.  We left the letter with the reception desk and will now wait for a reply.

Cathy our neighbor wanted to take us out for lunch and I am glad she faithfully got back to us and we went to Northview Golf Course where she had never been.before.  Huge tress full of color meet across he road and just give your heart a joyful experience.  We are good friends and she knows we really care about her.

Yesterday on my walk I was invited to two parties.   One is at Joann's to make Christmas goodies and share recipes.   They will be doing baking while we are there.  I will drop in but I am not that keen about baking anymore.  Maybe it will inspire me but I doubt it.  Anyway I will meet new neighbors who are not faithful walkers like Joann and me.

/the ten year old neighbor boy Patten is having a go cart birthday party and I am invited.  I know it is a joke but good for a laugh.

I like to think when we live out our spirituality with faithfulness and respect for others it will be a way of kindness, curiosity, appreciation for friends and family, as well as all the little things of life. It is making the most of life and valuing each other by being present and helping when we can.  The beauty of nature reminds me of the faithfulness of God whose healing power shines through the loving souls of others.

I experience this especially when I attend church to pray and sing and worship in community.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Happy Anniversary to us, and I forgot your card at home, I had not opened it yet. We go out on a whale watching tour today, but first as always I need to get in a couple of hours of study.

We had fun going in to Uculet, and like dad said, it is very nice to have all this sunshine.

Our dinner out last night we had a perfect table right on the water, but very bad service. And what made it even worse was that a table of people arrived about 15 minutes after us and they were treated like they were royalty or movie stars. They had appetizers brought out they never ordered, offers to make special things for them, they opened a special bottle of wine for them they did not order. A cook and the manager all came out to see them and check on them. Heck, maybe it was a movie star.

When the food came it was good, but then it makes it so hard to review. It is too bad when the poor service ruins a dinner out.

We are going to a casual restaurant tonight, one that someone at Randys work sister owns or something.

Sandra

Melina said...

happy anniversary Sandra and randy/
last day of work tomorrow, then 3 weeks off.
ken

beth bennett said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

rEMEMBER TO OPEN YOUR CARD WHEN YOU GET HOME
OR SAVE IT FOR NEXT YEAR.

Too bad about your special night out!

Such a lovely place to visit.

Enjoy tot day.

Love mom