Friday, October 19, 2018

THE PAST

                                            Learning to live from the heart in the present moment.

Yesterday I was already stressed out not being able to find the case o keep my ear aids jn when a call came from a friend who needed some help reading  a letter that had come in the mail.  We went to visit and now are committed to help even more.

It is wonderful that others still ask for our opinion and for our help.

I have started going over to the Safeway at 7 in the morning because I am up so early.  Dad gets up about 8.  If I walk with Aneta we go at 8:30.  It is cold first thing in the morning but it helps to wake me up.

Dad went for his bike ride today and I had my walk.

Last night I talked to my brother on the phone and also my best friend Lynn Stark.
It was good to hear their voices and hear what they are doing now.
Lynn is a golfer and goes away for the winter.

Dad has been doing a lot of reliving the past which I am happy to just let the past be past.

"Youth is a gift og age while age is a work of art."  -Helen Carel

Each new day for me is a new beginning that I try to live prayerfully.


4 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

It is nice and quiet in the Safeway at 7:00 am. I like going early, but I don't do it often. But when I do go early I find the only trouble is that some of the fresh food hasn't been put out yet.

Voting today tomorrow. I have only two names to vote for.

Love,

Rick


beth bennett said...

That is true Rick about the fresh stuff.

Yes we will be voting to-morrow.

We are proud of Craig.

Love mom

Unknown said...

I did not get out to vote. Oh well. I will be sure not to complain for the next 4 years.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

The dates get confused........

Still time to vote

Love mom