Sunday, October 14, 2018

PRAYERFULLY

                       Living life prayerfully bring beauty and energy and peace into our souls.

We can get so fixated on the ball or on the task that we are doing that we forget to lift our eyes and see the beauty that surrounds us.

There are things that are out of our control that we have to learn to accept and appreciate the lesson we are being taught.  Our relationships with each other are so important.

Heather came over to help me in the garden again and I was amazed and how she could walk around the uneven ground and jump down from the rocks.  She is so fast and efficient and I am happy I asked her back/

She came before I was to leave for the ladies cooking party.  It meant I arrived late but I was in time to see the preparation of some East Indian food made with chick pea flour so I could taste it.

It is good to make new friends and we shared stories about cooking and baking that made us laugh at past mistakes/Every stage of life has it's prob;ems and difficulties.  Because I was going to be late I nearly did not go.  Because I felt I had nothing to offer I nearly did not go.  I did bring a listening ear and a will spirit to learn and to enjoy.

I remember how difficult it was to cook for dad's grannies because she was so critical.  Life had not been easy for her losing two sons in the war and not having a good relationship with her daughter-in-law.  This meant she was not close to her youngest son which was sad.

My new East Indian friend had an arranged marriage at age 18.  Very difficult.

We learn and grow through difficulty and through difficult relationships.

I do my best to live a life of faith prayerfully.  Enjoyed going to church this morning.

True prayer starts in our hearts!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

You had the same lady over again who cut everything down? Hmmm.
Last day of our vacation and got my assignment sent in.

beth bennett said...

Yes I did.
I think she knows more than me.
She did not do too much.

Glad you got your home work done and sent in.

Looks like you are having a exciting time.

Love mom

Steady-as-rain said...

But did you wear your hearing aids?

Love,

Rick

Melina said...

how are hearing Aids going
ken