Saturday, October 27, 2018

FASTER


I do not need to be faster in my thinking or in my walking or just doing things.  I just need to keep moving.  The first two falls I had where because I was trying to run to the garage with papers and run to the car.

Every day new decorations are appearing on the lawns of my neighborhood.  It seems like Halloween has become a big advent now.  I have some candy  already on hand.  I do not mind the little kids that come early but I quickly get tired of going to the door with a cheerful voice and happy smile.

I have not thought about Christmas yet because I will come fast enough and I will keep it simple.  Dad and I got tired out just buying him some slippers.  He tried on a dozen at least.

Dr. Nolte has put me on a fast acting strong antibiotic  to get rid of my bladder infection.  It upsets my stomach but I know it will be the best thing for me.

I remember being small and loving to run.  I would run to school so happy to think I was the fastest runner of all.  Look at me I am sure I said when I would run ahead of my mom not wanting to have to stop to cross the street,.

Now I am finally realizing that slowing down is a gift of old age as I learning to walk at the sped that is best for me.  I take time to appreciate breathing fresh air and watching life go by me.  They pass me on the way to school or work walking fast wanting to get ahead.

Old age is a gift that helps us enjoy life  in the slow lane. We are not in a race.

All movement is a miracle as we breath and look and hear and move and see.

A stomach ache stopped dad from riding his bike.

Neither one of us felt like going out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being at the same pace as you makes us a good fit.
Although, I have the edge in losing my balance a little from time to time.

All in all we seem to do Ok together.

love me

Sandra said...

It is hard to have our limitations shoved in our faces. There are many things I don't do well at pilates, some that I could do just a few years ago before I hurt my shoulder. But I know going is better for me than not going. I ended up falling asleep yesterday when I got home from the dentist. Took too much Adavan
Mary and I did the kids Christmas shopping online together yesterday. Almost as tiring as real shopping.

beth bennett said...

Sandra I think it is great you are still going.

It is so easy to just quit.

Love mom