Tuesday, October 23, 2018

STUDY

Prayer and meditation are good for us all in our everyday experiences.  We may do them in different ways.  I still have lots to learn in these endeavors.

I really believe to understand the meaning of scripture on has to be prepared to study.  I came home with a huge, the biggest book, in our church library to help me guide our study group on Wed.  I am finding it hard to reach back in time to visit a different culture and a different mind set.

Yesterday was a day of doing as I visited my friend Joan in the Seniors home.  I am so thankful I went because she was very shaken up by a nasty fall which meant she had to go to the hospital for x=rays and ultra sound.  She was returned home at 10:30 at night.  She is thankful she did not break any bones but she is feeling very dizzy and unsure of herself.

I certainly understand.

After visiting dad and I went to buy some better slippers for him because the old ones are worn out and dangerous because of the lack of support.

We resolved a concern we were feeling in trying to help another friend.
We are still both learning how to be helpful in a positive and 'caring way

Our lesson is on the prophet Hosea and I find the harsh words of the prophets so difficult to understand.  Time travel is required to help me find the message of ancient times.

Life is all about relationships and God speaks through many people to remind us of his unconditional love, mercy and grace.  We gather together as wounded souls who have struggled to do our best and continue to seek  for answers.

Scripture can be a help to me but is not to be used as a weapon to make it appear I have all the answers.

First we look inward before we can see others with compassion and grace!

Now time to study!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

It is hard to believe you do not know everything there is to know about the bible.

Starting to plan Christmas presents with Mary. She will be buying them so I dont have to take them on the plane.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Well Sandra the problem is I am forgetting things.

Our study when it really comes down to it is about practical things.

The courage to make hard changes in your life that will affect the children.

How to enjoy the simple things in our lives like keeping the squirrels out of the bird feeder.

How to deal with old age especially failing health.

Love mom