Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Becoming a Professional photographer

It is hard to capture the beauty of the mountains as you speed along in the car. Telephone poles and old barns kept getting in the way as we drove home from Richmond. Another attempt to find the newspaper article of the ditch resue.

Life is complex and flits by us so quickly. Yesterday was one of those busy days that was full of discusions and opinons. My morning began with an early breakfast with Ron before the Tuesday morning breakfast club arrived. Oliver phones to say he had been accepted on the Coastguard. [I smile as I remember the prayer that Pastor Bill had prayed for him.]

Kim and Mick are full of optimism as they plan to travel and work. The spirit of the young people keep us looking ahead, creating and imagining new possibilities and ideas.

Youthfulness keeps the laughter alive and promises new life even when we feel the drain of old age threatning to distroy our dreams and make us forgetful.

The day ended as we discussed the spiritual signifigance of the death of Jesus. We all struggled with the difficulty of capturing the heart and purpose of God that promises to lift each one of us out of the ditch of death and dispair into a more meaningful life.

God speaks to us in the mystery of mountains and a cross that stands above us. The good news is that love flows from this amazing sacrifice into our lives today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice picture. Every day when I drive to and from work I such beatiful scenes and it is the highlite of my day. Today just as I hit River Road a HUGE container freighter came along, from my vantage point it looked like it was gliding along the road, very cool.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Mt Baker is my favorite. I have heaps of
pictures of it . Good news about Oliver .
Ken

Anonymous said...

Now I see where I got my photographic talent from!

Love,

Rick